News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 18, 2022, 12:52:49 AM

...and what in the actual fuck is that marzipan doing on the bunny's face?  :???:
Is this a trick question?  :notsure:

It's one of these...
Things...

Don't go snooping into eggs.  :shrug:

By the way, in Los Angeles, 20 eggs cost me $8.59 the other day.  Too much, no?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Magdalena on April 18, 2022, 02:10:25 AM

...and what in the actual fuck is that marzipan doing on the bunny's face?  :???:

It's one of these...
Things...

This appears to be from a movie that I have never seen; I'm not pulling your leg.

I bought 2 dozen eggs at Smart & Final the other day. My wife was with me, so I was distracted. I couldn't tell you what I paid. I almost hate to say it, but I'm at a point in my life where I don't care what food costs, since we don't really buy all that much.

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 18, 2022, 02:54:01 AM

It's one of these...
Things...

This appears to be from a movie that I have never seen; I'm not pulling your leg.

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 18, 2022, 02:54:01 AM
I bought 2 dozen eggs at Smart & Final the other day. My wife was with me, so I was distracted. I couldn't tell you what I paid. I almost hate to say it, but I'm at a point in my life where I don't care what food costs, since we don't really buy all that much.
Must be nice.

This is from a few days ago.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

billy rubin

you need chickens. we re down to only four birds but we grt enough eggs to make custards and fertadda and rice pudding and i also eat at least half a dozen on the weekend when im home

my wife feeds them to the cats when they accumalate

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: billy rubin on April 18, 2022, 10:05:28 PM

you need chickens. we re down to only four birds but we grt enough eggs to make custards and fertadda and rice pudding and i also eat at least half a dozen on the weekend when im home

my wife feeds them to the cats when they accumalate
Sounds nice.

I wish I could have a chicken in my apartment.
And a cow. And a pig. And a vegetable (and herb) garden.

With the gas prices, I would also like a horse or a donkey to get around in LA.  :felix:

billy rubin

you can do herbs on a bookshelf. we have a garden on top of the refrigerator.

wheat sprouts on the kitchen counter. anything in a pot somewhere. grow lights help.

ill take some photographs when i gey home.

jumbojak

I'm coming to the conclusion that, no matter what I do, I just won't be good enough.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Recusant

Good enough for what, though. It is possible to set an excessively high standard, such that "not good enough" is a predetermined outcome.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

I am one of those who was banned because I am a spammer  (???).  The Asmo suggested that my IP address may have been captured by a mischievous operative. I was out of the loop for about three days and threatened with a year of banishment. Only notion that comes to mind is that a tech savvy, militant Christian, might have figured out a way to punish me for associating with criminal atheist types. Probably a Trumpist Republican

This afternoon, just for fun, I tried to call up the forum again. It popped right up. Hmmmm,  The format has changed. My IP address is as it was before.   I had to return to the register section before I was allowed to post. The font type has wandered astray but I will fix it next time.  So far so good.

Icarus

My post,above, went through as it has done in the past.  I do notice that my Location is said to be Indianapolis Indiana.  Not so.  I live in Lakeland Florida.  I was born in Indianapolis in June of 1930. That location information is therefore a bit dated. 

My IP address is also listed beside my Avatar. Why?.  The number listed is not the one that I had a few hours ago. Someone is obviously taking care of this ignorant old dude. Whoever you are; Thank you.

The Asmo kindly led me to discover that one's IP address is best not advertised, although it is easy enough for a clever person to find and to tinker with it.

Ecurb Noselrub

I am having a lot of trouble still. Can someone explain what is going on? I keep getting knocked off and having to log in again.

billy rubin

i just accepted the terms of service again.

ami who i was before ?

billy rubin

Dark Lightning

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.