News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Buddy on April 28, 2022, 02:53:54 AMHi. I missed everyone lol

Wow! Talk about a blast from the past! There's been a zillion gallons of water passed under the bridge since you last posted. What have you been up to? I'm just slogging along with old age issues.

hermes2015

Good grief! How are you and where have you been?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Icarus

Buddy!  You have been missed and we have no idea about the cause of your absence.  Have you been in Jail or something?  Did you wreck your Mini and go into a depressive state?

All kidding aside, we missed you girl.

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: Icarus on April 25, 2022, 11:17:07 PMMy IP address is also listed beside my Avatar. Why?.
You and the forum admins can see the IP address on demand. Guests and other members cannot.

QuoteThe number listed is not the one that I had a few hours ago. Someone is obviously taking care of this ignorant old dude. Whoever you are; Thank you.
Some internet service providers offer dynamic public IP addresses, which basically means that your IP may change from time to time. It's normal enough, but what can sometimes happen is that the IP you get assigned is one that was previously used by spammers, bots and the like. In that case, that particular address may be on a blacklist or two.

As for your location being wrong, your IP actually points more to your internet service provider's location than to you. For instance, if you use a VPN or a proxy, your location will be listed as the apparent location of the server you are connected to - could even be on the other side of the globe. It's... Good for privacy, if nothing else.

QuoteThe Asmo kindly led me to discover that one's IP address is best not advertised, although it is easy enough for a clever person to find and to tinker with it.
There is no great harm in people knowing your public IP, but it can be spoofed (When someone uses it to pretend to be you/your computer, for example) and it can lead to you being personally identified, provided you are the one paying for your Internet subscription - otherwise, it can lead to the owner of said subscription being identified. Again, for the most part, there is no to little harm. Still, there are reasons to keep one's anonymity online.

Hi! I remember you back from them olden days! ;D

Buddy

Thanks guys :) No real reason for the absence, just kind of drifted away for a bit. Been quite busy in the meantime though. Quit my soul sucking job at the bank and started working at a credit union in mortgage processing. It's 100% work from home so that's nice. Started dating my coworker. A year and a half later and still going well so no regrets yet lol. I also became a dog parent. Some regrets on that one depending on the day and what he's chewed haha. He's cute though so it at least he has that.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 27, 2022, 12:46:32 AMI am having a lot of trouble still. Can someone explain what is going on? I keep getting knocked off and having to log in again.

Hmm, you should look for the option to log on for the maximum time. With the previous incarnation it was possible to log on basically permanently, but now it appears that one month is the max. Probably you have already done that--please send me a PM if so and the logging out problem has continued.

Good to see you here again, Buddy!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

No one

Something tells me we're not in Kansas anymore.

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on April 28, 2022, 06:34:43 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on April 27, 2022, 12:46:32 AMI am having a lot of trouble still. Can someone explain what is going on? I keep getting knocked off and having to log in again.

Hmm, you should look for the option to log on for the maximum time. With the previous incarnation it was possible to log on basically permanently, but now it appears that one month is the max. Probably you have already done that--please send me a PM if so and the logging out problem has continued.

Good to see you here again, Buddy!
When you log on, there is a dropdown menu in the prompter popup for how long you would like your session to last. Basically what it does, is expire your session cookie after said time. You can set it to never expire and "automatically" log in from that computer.

Professionally, I only recommend using that option on computers you alone use (Also family computers, provided a trustworthy family)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Recusant on April 28, 2022, 06:34:43 PMHmm, you should look for the option to log on for the maximum time. With the previous incarnation it was possible to log on basically permanently, but now it appears that one month is the max. Probably you have already done that--please send me a PM if so and the logging out problem has continued.

Yes, that solved it. For a month, anyway.

Tank

Hi folks :)

Well I'm still in hospital and will probably be here until the end of May. They can't isolate where the infection is and until they do they can't really put a end date on IV antibiotic treatment. So at the moment I'm on 4 IV doses a day. They are going to put a 'Pik' line in, a sort of permanent cannula, so they don't have to keep adding holes to my already abused veins.

Because I tested positive for Covid I'm on my own in a single bed side ward with my own shower and loo! Thanks Covid! They say it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. As far as the actual Covid was concerned my symptoms were no more than a very mild cold. What was disconcerting was that if I hadn't mentioned my symptoms I would not have been tested and would have been in an open ward all this time. Not ideal.

On a general note the staff of our NHS have been wonderful and the care I have received has been above reproach.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

I hope you get over it soon, Tank. My experience with the NHS during my 10 days in Charing Cross Hospital was a good one as well.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Holy Smokes! I was wondering where you were. Get well soon!

billy rubin

a whole month?

is tbe food any good?

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on May 04, 2022, 04:06:55 PMa whole month?

is tbe food any good?

I've already done 2 weeks. This is half way through my 3rd week as I came in on a Sunday evening.

The food is ok. Not much different from what I would get at home. My wife has done a supply run so I have plenty of fruit and biscuits etc. Once I'm Covid free (Friday) I can go to the cafeteria and supplement my rations.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 04, 2022, 01:57:25 PMHoly Smokes! I was wondering where you were. Get well soon!

First my laptop died and then this happened. So a perfect storm of shite!

There isn't much I can do but sit here and suck up the antibiotics until they can't culture any pathogens from the blood they take.