News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Essie Mae

Jeez!!!!! Not only DT but today, wasting my life away on You-Tube, I discovered the Duggar family.
That sort of programme just wouldn't happen here, not with a Christian family anyway, at least I don't think so, (what do other Brits think?)  >:(
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

OldGit

Today is the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster, when 116 children and 28 adults died, buried under a collapsing waste heap from the local colliery.

From the first moments, Christians were babbling all their usual cant and pious claptrap.  They're at it again today.  Why doesn't one of them stand up and admit that this could not have happened if a loving god really existed?

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

Quote from: MariaEvri on October 20, 2016, 06:37:24 PM
lol well when it come sto women's health titty cancer is one huge problem

Ah, yup, been there. For me it was a 2cm lump we were all 99% sure was swelling related to a wonky hormone cycle, but it wouldn't go away.

Until a week after the ultrasound. Then it vanished completely.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 20, 2016, 10:53:42 PM
Jeez!!!!! Not only DT but today, wasting my life away on You-Tube, I discovered the Duggar family.
That sort of programme just wouldn't happen here, not with a Christian family anyway, at least I don't think so, (what do other Brits think?)  >:(

Idk what you saw of them... they tried very hard to hide the truly offensive shit that goes on the Quiverfull community for a long, long time. Most people thought they were just charmingly old fashioned sort of like the Amish (who rent also awful but that's another story). Some of them are still deluded enough to support them now, but they've been very hurt by scandal. 

Essie Mae

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 21, 2016, 06:14:21 PM

Idk what you saw of them... they tried very hard to hide the truly offensive shit that goes on the Quiverfull community for a long, long time. Most people thought they were just charmingly old fashioned sort of like the Amish (who rent also awful but that's another story). Some of them are still deluded enough to support them now, but they've been very hurt by scandal.

I saw about the son who was groping his own younger sisters and when he married joining the Ashley-Madison adultery website. The real vomit-making part was that is wife blamed herself. I lost interest by after that.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 21, 2016, 09:03:58 PM

I saw about the son who was groping his own younger sisters and when he married joining the Ashley-Madison adultery website. The real vomit-making part was that is wife blamed herself. I lost interest by after that.

Yup, that's the QF way. It's a woman's job to tend to all her husbands needs including sex on demand. Adultry means she's failed in her duties.

There's a shitload of super creepy stuff about fathers owning their daughters virginity too.

MariaEvri

what the hell is Duggar family? Some sort of online series?
Sounds disturbing anyway
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Pasta Chick

Quote from: MariaEvri on October 23, 2016, 02:15:40 PM
Sounds disturbing anyway

It's an American TV series about a family that is part of a cult that eschews birth control and this has 19 children.

It's absolutely disgusting. As I said, the original series was framed as "good ol' fashion Christian values," but if you research the Quiverfull cult it's full of child abuse, sexual abuse, racism, anti-LGBT bigotry and misogyny. Which the Duggars are indeed part of.

Essie Mae

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 23, 2016, 04:10:03 PM
Quote from: MariaEvri on October 23, 2016, 02:15:40 PM
Sounds disturbing anyway

It's an American TV series about a family that is part of a cult that eschews birth control and this has 19 children.

It's absolutely disgusting. As I said, the original series was framed as "good ol' fashion Christian values," but if you research the Quiverfull cult it's full of child abuse, sexual abuse, racism, anti-LGBT bigotry and misogyny. Which the Duggars are indeed part of.

Sometimes you just wish you could 'un-know' something.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: OldGit on October 21, 2016, 09:36:34 AM
Today is the 50th anniversary of the Aberfan disaster, when 116 children and 28 adults died, buried under a collapsing waste heap from the local colliery.

From the first moments, Christians were babbling all their usual cant and pious claptrap.  They're at it again today.  Why doesn't one of them stand up and admit that this could not have happened if a loving god really existed?

Never heard of it until now.  Looked it up - horrible.  I spent a couple weeks in Wales in 1972, not far from there, so not long after it happened.  My ancestors came to the US from Wales (Caerleon) in the 1700s.

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 24, 2016, 04:17:23 AM
Quote from: OldGit on October 21, 2016, 09:36:34 AM

Never heard of it until now.  Looked it up - horrible.  I spent a couple weeks in Wales in 1972, not far from there, so not long after it happened.  My ancestors came to the US from Wales (Caerleon) in the 1700s.
I was 6 at the time and I remember it had a huge impact on me seeing a school that looked very like the one I went to at the time being buried like that.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Essie Mae on October 21, 2016, 09:03:58 PM

Yeah, that's a really awful show about a really creepy family. And I generally like awful shows.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I'm afraid.

I have until early November to hand in my end of course work and I've barely started writing it. What I have started writing looks like crap.  :headshake:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Essie Mae

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 24, 2016, 08:26:55 PM
I'm afraid.

I have until early November to hand in my end of course work and I've barely started writing it. What I have started writing looks like crap.  :headshake:

Hope it all comes together for you xSP.