News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 08, 2016, 04:39:10 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on August 08, 2016, 02:22:40 PM
It's very quiet here . . .

Very...
:-X

Hear that?

chirp chirp chirp chirp...
What?

Sorry can't hear that with these glasses on.

(Changes to close work pair)

Ah, yes. How sweet.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Guardian85

It's that sudden silence just before all hell breaks loose.  8)

Wait for it.......

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Dave

Quote from: Guardian85 on August 08, 2016, 06:15:34 PM
It's that sudden silence just before all hell breaks loose.  8)

Wait for it.......

TATFOLOS still applies.

(There's Always Time For One Last, "Oh Shit!")

xSilverPhinx

Hmm...things really are rather slow today.  :scratch:

Busy weekend, everyone?  :P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

I am having a fun time while watching the Olympic games. Yesterday I watched women's cross country bike racing.  In the course of the 85 mile race we were able to see what some of the Brazilian countryside looks like. Beautiful but there were tricky roads with switch backs and U turns. Downhill at 50MPH is scary to watch.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on August 09, 2016, 01:07:02 AM
I am having a fun time while watching the Olympic games. Yesterday I watched women's cross country bike racing.  In the course of the 85 mile race we were able to see what some of the Brazilian countryside looks like. Beautiful but there were tricky roads with switch backs and U turns. Downhill at 50MPH is scary to watch.

It was in Rio de Janeiro, I assume? Rio is gorgeous. 

Buddy

Today is my first day waitressing. I'm so nervous. I'll probably drop somebody's food in their lap.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Buddy on August 09, 2016, 11:54:45 AM
Today is my first day waitressing. I'm so nervous. I'll probably drop somebody's food in their lap.

You'll be fine! :P

Tank

Good luck!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on August 09, 2016, 12:48:21 PM
Good luck!
Wot Tank sed

Firebird

That mean you quit the barn job?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

That was... Stressful. I was told that I was only working until 2 and I didn't clock out until 5. I don't know how I feel about working 50+ hours a week for part time pay and no benefits.

Quote from: Firebird on August 09, 2016, 06:08:01 PM
That mean you quit the barn job?

No I am still working there too. I don't want to quit until I get settled into this new job and I know I am going to be there long term.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 10, 2016, 11:15:35 PM
Was it the same today?

No I was worse. My manager would not stop breathing down my neck and yelling at me for every little thing. Plus I found out that wait staff does not get breaks or lunches. Ever. I was scheduled for six hours today and I'm still here after nine hours.

Arturo

Quote from: Buddy on August 11, 2016, 02:38:14 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 10, 2016, 11:15:35 PM
Was it the same today?

No I was worse. My manager would not stop breathing down my neck and yelling at me for every little thing. Plus I found out that wait staff does not get breaks or lunches. Ever. I was scheduled for six hours today and I'm still here after nine hours.

Are you in school?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱