News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 03, 2016, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 03, 2016, 09:57:47 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 03, 2016, 09:44:47 PM
I never thought I would have trouble trying to fit everything I want to say on just one page. I have to summarise half a dissertation and it's tough! The spacing between the lines is already 1.0 and size 12 (Times New Roman) is the minimum. :(
Are you allowed to use Arial Narrow?

Nope, I should have mentioned that it has to be Times New Roman. :( I can't move the margins beyond 2,5 cm on all sides either.

Usually it's the other way round, all through high school I struggled to meet the minimum requirements when writing an essay or taking exams. :mb lol:
I found this...but you probably already did it.  :eyeroll:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/six-tips-for-fitting-word-content-on-a-single-page/
I wish I could help you.  :sad sigh:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on June 03, 2016, 10:15:31 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 03, 2016, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 03, 2016, 09:57:47 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 03, 2016, 09:44:47 PM
I never thought I would have trouble trying to fit everything I want to say on just one page. I have to summarise half a dissertation and it's tough! The spacing between the lines is already 1.0 and size 12 (Times New Roman) is the minimum. :(
Are you allowed to use Arial Narrow?

Nope, I should have mentioned that it has to be Times New Roman. :( I can't move the margins beyond 2,5 cm on all sides either.

Usually it's the other way round, all through high school I struggled to meet the minimum requirements when writing an essay or taking exams. :mb lol:
I found this...but you probably already did it.  :eyeroll:
http://www.techrepublic.com/article/six-tips-for-fitting-word-content-on-a-single-page/
I wish I could help you.  :sad sigh:

Thanks Mags  :hug:

One thing I should do is edit with no mercy. Now I just gotta figure out how to chop these sentences up and remove a few bits here and there. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Is Kool & the gang playing in the background?

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on June 04, 2016, 07:54:49 PM
Is Kool & the gang playing in the background?
:smilenod:
I can almost hear it...

Magdalena

...Anyways, speaking of parties, I'm going to a party, right now. I'm bringing Buffalo wings or Buffalo chicken wing...I know, if you're from another country, good luck figuring out what that means.  :eyeroll: Buffalos don't have wings.
--My buffalo chicken wings are sooooooo good, I wish I could share them with Bruno de la Pole:smilenod: I made them for my mother-in-law.

I'm also bringing Tacos de Lengua, with cilantro, cebolla, salsa roja de Chile de Arbol, y limonsito.  They are sooooooo good! I wish I could share those with Crow. He would really appreciate them.

Guardian85

Quote from: Magdalena on June 04, 2016, 10:58:09 PM
...Anyways, speaking of parties, I'm going to a party, right now. I'm bringing Buffalo wings or Buffalo chicken wing...I know, if you're from another country, good luck figuring out what that means.  :eyeroll: Buffalos don't have wings.
--My buffalo chicken wings are sooooooo good, I wish I could share them with Bruno de la Pole:smilenod: I made them for my mother-in-law.
If memory serves the (very tasty) dish was invented in the town of Buffalo.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Icarus

I'm also bringing Tacos de Lengua, with cilantro, cebolla, salsa roja de Chile de Arbol, y limonsito.  They are sooooooo good! I wish I could share those with Crow. He would really appreciate them.

In this case, to hell with Crow, I wish that you could share them with me.  Yummmm!!

Velma

I cannot believe I forgot to tell you about one of the coolest things regarding my surgery. The doctor used dissolving stitches on the inside, which is only to be be expected. However, to close the incision in my skin, he didn't used stitches or staples, he used medical grade Super Glue. It holds extraordinarily well and allows you more flexibility after surgery than stitches or staples. As the incision heals, the glue flakes off. No extra visit to the doctor for removal. No extra pathway for bugs to get into the incision and cause infection. It is quite remarkable.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: Guardian85 on June 05, 2016, 12:42:11 AM
If memory serves the (very tasty) dish was invented in the town of Buffalo.
I don't know where this (very tasty) dish originated.  :headscratch:

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on June 05, 2016, 01:23:18 AM

In this case, to hell with Crow, I wish that you could share them with me.  Yummmm!!

:snicker:

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on June 05, 2016, 05:01:18 AM
I cannot believe I forgot to tell you about one of the coolest things regarding my surgery. The doctor used dissolving stitches on the inside, which is only to be be expected. However, to close the incision in my skin, he didn't used stitches or staples, he used medical grade Super Glue. It holds extraordinarily well and allows you more flexibility after surgery than stitches or staples. As the incision heals, the glue flakes off. No extra visit to the doctor for removal. No extra pathway for bugs to get into the incision and cause infection. It is quite remarkable.
Cool...very cool.  :smilenod:

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱