News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Claireliontamer

Playing monopoly with scamp has confirmed that competitiveness is definitely hereditary!

Tank

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 28, 2016, 12:55:58 PM
Playing monopoly with scamp has confirmed that competitiveness is definitely hereditary!
Hehehe!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Tank on February 28, 2016, 04:52:01 PM
Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 28, 2016, 12:55:58 PM
Hehehe!!

Don't laugh, she bloody won. She ended up with a hotel on Mayfair and Park Lane which wiped me out!

Ecurb Noselrub

What are the properties in British Monopoly?  Here it's Boardwalk and Park Place for the most expensive ones at the very end before passing go.  I assume that's Mayfair and Park Lane for you.  What are the cheap ones at the beginning?

Claireliontamer

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 28, 2016, 06:32:58 PM
What are the properties in British Monopoly?  Here it's Boardwalk and Park Place for the most expensive ones at the very end before passing go.  I assume that's Mayfair and Park Lane for you.  What are the cheap ones at the beginning?

Yes, Mayfair is the most expensive. Old Kent Road and Whitechapel are the brown cheap ones.

Guardian85

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 28, 2016, 07:11:24 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 28, 2016, 06:32:58 PM

Yes, Mayfair is the most expensive. Old Kent Road and Whitechapel are the brown cheap ones.
In the Norwegian version the most expensive places are Rådhusplassen (City Hall Square) and Ullevål Hageby; and Parkvegen and Kirkevegen are the cheapest.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ecurb Noselrub

U.S. Monopoly was based on the streets in Atlantic City, NJ, where its creator was from.  I take it that U.K. Monopoly is based on London, and Norwegian Monopoly is based on Oslo.  So, let's create Bangladeshi Monopoly, or Somalian Monopoly, or ISIS Monopoly (oooh, that would be fun).  I guess Heaven Monopoly would have the Street of Gold and the Pearly Gates Addition.  Hell Monopoly would have the Lake of Fire District.  The possibilities are endless (or should I say, eternal?)!

Ecurb Noselrub

xSilverPhinx

In Brazil, they mixed Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo. I don't see anywhere where that would work other than in a board game.  :P

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on February 28, 2016, 08:33:34 PM
Crap! They beat me to it!

http://news.bfnn.co.uk/hasbro-release-monopoly-isis-edition/#

:snicker:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Claireliontamer

None of this talk is helping me get over the trauma of losing to a 7-year old. She didn't even cheat!

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Claireliontamer on February 28, 2016, 10:24:30 PM
None of this talk is helping me get over the trauma of losing to a 7-year old. She didn't even cheat!

:P

Everyone loses to my 6 year old niece at memory games. She doesn't cheat either.

Kids these days...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

OldGit

Jebus Chrise, is she seven already?

Claireliontamer

Quote from: OldGit on February 29, 2016, 09:41:58 AM
Jebus Chrise, is she seven already?

Yep, scary how quickly time goes. 

Icarus

Yesterday I was watching a program on TV. Nova I think it was. The program was about people who are "super recognizers" and the opposite was about otherwise normal people who cannot recognize their own mother. The super recognizers can, for example, identify a picture of Dwight Eisenhauer when he was only 6 years old as the later president.  Some kids seem to excel at that sort of thing.

Claire,If the Scamp can best you at Monopoly then be proud of her. 

Crow

Is getting old rubbish?

I have noticed a lot of my friends that are around the same age as me are all starting to fall apart, hernias, fucked up knees and legs, IBS, back problems, among other things. I have yet to experience any of this and each time I see them I'm reminded I'm probably the next one to get all this and it looks rubbish. Granted non of my friends actually look after themselves and I do.
Retired member.