News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

En_Route

Quote from: Scissorlegs on June 19, 2012, 11:42:23 PM
Do we dare to dream?

Well, I love the fact we've finally got an English manager.

And I also like the spirit we seem to be displaying. They don't seem to be the petulant queens that normally grace the field wearing three lions. Well done team. And if you don't beat Italy, I'm still proud.

Well they are dogged and well organised as you'd expect of a Hodgson team, but they suffer from their perennial shortcomings in the technical department. Rooney looks off the pace too and is not going to be a prolific source of goals. France, Germany, Italy and Spain all look notably stronger, but it's a cup competition and if Chelsea can win the Champions League with their weakest team for years, who knows?

Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Buddy

Waiting for a video of Vinnie to upload to Youtube for a lady who might want to look at him.  :)

Okay, you guys have got to read this. I am almost sobbing from laughing so hard.
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/va1hn/dear_reddit_medical_professionals_whats_the/
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 20, 2012, 03:47:10 AM
Waiting for a video of Vinnie to upload to Youtube for a lady who might want to look at him.  :)

Okay, you guys have got to read this. I am almost sobbing from laughing so hard.
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/va1hn/dear_reddit_medical_professionals_whats_the/

OK, I've got a serious case of the helpless giggles!  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

That's hilarious.  According to my MIL when Husband got his wisdom teeth out, she was sitting out in the waiting room and could hear him talking really loudly as he came out from anesthesia.  What he was saying was something along the lines of "This stuff is crazy...it makes me talk really sloooooow liiiiike thiiiiiiis (said in a really low "slowed down" voice) and then reallyfastlikethis!!! (said in a really high fast voice)

Amicale

When I got my wisdom teeth out, they gave me the laughing gas. I sat there quietly, thinking to myself about how interesting the dentist's office ceiling was, what with all its cracks and discolorations. And when the procedure was done, I told him exactly how many tiles were on the ceiling.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Guardian85

When I ws in to get the screws inserted into my leg, I woke up in the recovery room with a very fat lip. I don't know who punched me or what I said to earn the punch. I do recall that the anesthetising nurse had an epic set of "headlights".
I imagine I might have made a comment to that effect...   ;D 

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

When I had an impacted tooth taken out, apparently I told a male nurse that he had a fantastic ass and then I started cursing like a sailor. It was awful and awesome at the same time.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 20, 2012, 07:45:24 PM
When I had an impacted tooth taken out, apparently I told a male nurse that he had a fantastic ass and then I started cursing like a sailor. It was awful and awesome at the same time.

You are so awesome.  You are going to be a freakin' force of nature by the time you're in your 30's.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on June 20, 2012, 07:51:10 PM
You are so awesome.  You are going to be a freakin' force of nature by the time you're in your 30's.

According to my mother, the reason I was cursing was because they had stuck me in the wrong place with the IV needle. Me, being absolutely terrified of needles convinced my mom to get me some of that medical grade numbing cream to put on the inside of both elbows and my left wrist. Mom assured me that they wouldn't use the right wrist, but they did anyway and I guess I was pissed that they did not used the pre-numbed places. Apparently, I also ranted about it on the way home as well. Of course, I have no memory of any of this.   ;D

Asmodean

Force of nature..? You should see The Asmo when He is in The Zone(tm) some time  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sweetdeath

Asmo is already awesome.

My boss is pissing me off. I asked her if we could work indoors tomorrow. Gonna be 100degrees F with heat index of 105!!
She said deal with it and dress appropriately. I could come naked and still overheat. fuck that. if it gets to dangerous , i will take off early. she can kiss it.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 21, 2012, 06:16:06 AM
Asmo is already awesome.

My boss is pissing me off. I asked her if we could work indoors tomorrow. Gonna be 100degrees F with heat index of 105!!
She said deal with it and dress appropriately. I could come naked and still overheat. fuck that. if it gets to dangerous , i will take off early. she can kiss it.

I don't know what the labour laws are like in your neck of the woods, but Canada actually has a law that allows employees to refuse unsafe work (within certain guidelines, of course). Check out what your legislation says. One thing I've learned from working a host of shitty jobs is that it pays to know what your rights are. I've called a lot of ex employers on bullshit they thought they could get away with, but was actually illegal. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on June 20, 2012, 11:10:09 PM

Force of nature..? You should see The Asmo when He is in The Zone(tm) some time  ;D

The Zone (tm)?  Isn't that a diet or something?   ;D

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 21, 2012, 03:01:33 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 21, 2012, 06:16:06 AM
Asmo is already awesome.

I don't know what the labour laws are like in your neck of the woods, but Canada actually has a law that allows employees to refuse unsafe work (within certain guidelines, of course). Check out what your legislation says. One thing I've learned from working a host of shitty jobs is that it pays to know what your rights are. I've called a lot of ex employers on bullshit they thought they could get away with, but was actually illegal. 

Thanks Juliet. I'll probably look into that.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.