News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

There is something about bowling that causes my family to make ball jokes.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 22, 2012, 01:15:01 AM

I don't understand why this would be so, your guys don't even do this kind of thing as far as I know.

DeterminedJuliet

Balls, pins, gutters, racks... The game is just asking for dirty jokes.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

cncracer

I like a place just to vent. Good idea. Today my vent would be related to another Forum. Seems the CD forum picks Christians be the Mods on the Atheist forum and they edit the hell out of the threads using the don't question the authority of the Mods as their defense. I like to call them on it, but that will get the thread blocked in most cases.
I see these forums as helping the Atheist culture come out into the light of day. Five years ago I would have never mentioned my religious views; today I am open with my views if asked. It is a positive action to let people recognize the atheist they fear has been with them for decades, and as of yet has not eaten their children, or brought fire and brimstone down on the neighborhood. I do find as I become open about my views I become less tolerant of discrimination. Same is true of the Jewish culture I was raised in which accepted me as an Atheist without any hard feeling, but the Christian culture is another story. 

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 22, 2012, 05:00:07 AM

I don't understand why this would be so, your guys don't even do this kind of thing as far as I know.

You Australians and your genital tricks.

(Wasn't there some Australian troupe that was touring the world making weird shapes out of their genitals, or did I dream that up?)

Ali

PS - Cncracer - Hi, welcome, glad you are becoming more comfortable in your atheist skin.  What is this CD forum that you speak of?

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Woohoo DJ!  *shakes pompoms*

Guardian85

I didn't even know there was a game on...  :(

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Velma

Mad at my insurance company - the one that covers my medications.  It doesn't want to pay for the Celebrex (anti-inflammatory drug used to treat arthritis) my doctor has prescribed until we try something else first.  What right do a bunch of paper pushers have to override the decision of my doctor as to what drug therapy is right for me?!  (Yes, I know it comes down to money.  I just wanted to rant.  I think I feel better now.)
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Amicale

Sorry about the clueless nitwits at the insurance company, Velma. They make me mad too, when they randomly refuse to cover certain drugs over other ones, mostly in the name of $$$. My mom's dealt with crap like this for years with her arthritis.

OMMT (on my mind today, let's start a new acronym trend, ha): we're sick here. It's a weird cold-flu thing leaning more towards the flu. Nobody's sleeping much, what with the coughing, the chills, the aches, and the runny noses. My plan for us is lots of water, green tea, soup for dinner and naps all around. And yes OldGit, I may very well mix some alcohol into something somewhere.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

OH Velma, I am right there with you!  For profit insurance companies are almost enough to make me believe in the presence of a supernatural evil in the world.  They're just awful.   >:(

(((Amicale))) I hope you all feel better soon.  It's so hard when you are sick at the same time as your child because then you have to dote on them while feeling just rotten yourself.  Your plan sounds like a good one though.  You should try to get some zinc and VitC too if you can swing it.  Actually, come to think of it, chicken soup is a good source of zinc, so there you go.   :)

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on June 23, 2012, 02:10:43 PM
For profit insurance companies are almost enough to make me believe in the presence of a supernatural evil in the world.  They're just awful.   >:(
What? The presense of a verifiable and testable Asmo fails to do that?  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

The Asmo is a sweet widdle ball of wove...yes he is! Yes he is! *rubs Asmo's little round grey tummy*  ;D