News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Duke of Bullshit: "The" Donald

Started by Recusant, November 11, 2015, 11:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Lightning

I'll check for a milsurp store around here. I can also buy new from the Navy Exchange, but it's 40 or so miles from my house.

Recusant

#2101
Verbot der Lügenpresse!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken


Dark Lightning

 :rofl: That walkout by the rest of the press pool left him without a microphone at a press conference.

Recusant

Yeah I saw the video of him dedicating his fancy new helipad. Blithering away, audio was just ambient noise. Perfect.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken


Recusant

Orwell would recognize the doublespeak: The Trump regime gloats over commandeering the power of the purse to cut federal money meant to help citizens survive by calling it "the most harmful government spending." The money had been approved via a bipartisan vote of Congress, and signed by the felon president.

Conveniently the Republicans are in power in the legislature and have put it in recess. As I understand it Congress has 45 days to reassert the power given to it by the US Constitution and reverse Trump's usurpation. Seems rather unlikely since the Speaker has set the House to reconvene only after the election.

Screwing over people in need while lavishing absurd sums on the military, not to mention gilding statues and other important improvements to Washington DC. Par for the course.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken


Dark Lightning

I see it here, too. One of my sons broke his foot and has been out of work for 4 months. Both the medical insurer and the state have dropped the ball and he has yet to get any disability money. He'd be deep into his reserves and possibly on the street if he wasn't living with us.