News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tom62 on July 25, 2023, 04:03:52 PMThank you guys. Cancer really sucks. My uncle died from it just two weeks ago; two  old friends of my brother and acquaintances of mine suffer from it as well.
Yeah... We seem to have handled enough medically speaking that death somewhere under the umbrella of cancer is very likely these days.

Condolences.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

What's on my mind? This site has too much of me and too little of anyone else.

billy rubin

lol

marcus, you think so fast you run over yourself

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on August 02, 2023, 02:21:40 AMWhat's on my mind? This site has too much of me and too little of anyone else.
Well, The Asmo is a bit like the Carolina Reaper. Best in small doses. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

The mystery of Mags has me intrigued. What the hell happened to upset her so?

Icarus

This might belong in the Petrol head section. The subject is on my mind however.  I used to have a nifty little Nissan pickup truck that was a joy to use. What the hell! I cannot buy a small truck anymore.  I've been wondering why the small trucks are not available.

Here is the why that applies to the US. Seems to me that the damned politicians are doing what they do all over again. They are not automotive engineers but they make questionable rules that are relevant to the auto industry. Same goes for Medicine, education, and other things for which they have questionable expertise.

Bitch, bitch, bitch..............

Asmodean

Quote from: MarcusA on August 02, 2023, 11:20:07 PMThe mystery of Mags has me intrigued. What the hell happened to upset her so?
That juicy drama you crave is... Not that juicy, actually - at least in my opinion. You will find it all here, and almost from the beginning; https://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,17208.0.html

Personally, I think that discussion was good. A tad explosive, as it turns out, but quality.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

It seems everyone simply lost their minds over a discussion started by billy rubin on the legitimacy of cultural appropriation; and while I think that cultural appropriation can be a force for good, it can be also misused. There is good and evil in all things, but accusing someone of evil intent who means good is just stupid.

billy rubin

five pages of stuff?

is it that controversial?

Dark Lightning

Quote from: billy rubin on August 04, 2023, 12:32:57 AMfive pages of stuff?

For one person, yes, it was, for only a couple of posts thereof. Not everyone is as mentally tough as you, Billy. Given the amount of people who post here, it was a large loss to the community. Now, flip side, lots and lots and lots of meaningless stream of consciousness posts are tolerated. Go figure.

MarcusA

I think that Bruno really started her to reassess the whole situation. I blame him for enflaming the whole thing. She was weak, and he came on strong.

billy rubin

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 04, 2023, 01:25:26 AM
Quote from: billy rubin on August 04, 2023, 12:32:57 AMfive pages of stuff?

For one person, yes, it was, for only a couple of posts thereof. Not everyoney is as mentally tough as you, Billy. Given the amount of people who post here, it was a large loss to the community. Now, flip side, lots and lots and lots of meaningless stream of consciousness posts are tolerated. Go figure.

i suppose.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: MarcusA on August 04, 2023, 01:52:34 AMI think that Bruno really started her to reassess the whole situation. I blame him for enflaming the whole thing. She was weak, and he came on strong.

You're an asshole. I'll take the consequences from the management.

MarcusA

What do you find that is so objectionable about me, Dark Lightning? You haven't said.