News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Recusant on July 24, 2023, 02:21:59 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding. on July 20, 2023, 03:56:29 PMBye, for a while.

Hurry back; the world needs puddings and so does this site.  None of this "I am just going outside and may be some time" sort of thing.

Quite so. This place isn't the same without Pudding.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

A friend of mine in the Netherlands got diagnosed with a rare type of aggressive tumor, called Neuroendocrine carcinoma (NEC). This tumor present itself in the advanced stage and palliative chemotherapy remains the only option. His doctor told him that he has only one year to live. I've taken a couple of days off in August to visit him.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on July 24, 2023, 08:10:43 PMA friend of mine in the Netherlands got diagnosed with a rare type of aggressive tumor, called Neuroendocrine carcinoma (NEC). This tumor present itself in the advanced stage and palliative chemotherapy remains the only option. His doctor told him that he has only one year to live. I've taken a couple of days off in August to visit him.

Bummer :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on July 24, 2023, 08:10:43 PMA friend of mine in the Netherlands got diagnosed with a rare type of aggressive tumor, called Neuroendocrine carcinoma (NEC). This tumor present itself in the advanced stage and palliative chemotherapy remains the only option. His doctor told him that he has only one year to live. I've taken a couple of days off in August to visit him.

That's rotten news. I hope the progression is not too painful. Sad that it was not found sooner, but good that he at least has a year.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

MarcusA

Cancer cut my mother down, a cruel condition.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Dark Lightning

Sorry for your friend, Tom62. My condolences to you.

Tom62

Thank you guys. Cancer really sucks. My uncle died from it just two weeks ago; two  old friends of my brother and acquaintances of mine suffer from it as well.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

MarcusA

When we do good, we do evil - that is a paradox to beat them all.

MarcusA

Politicians play with our minds and our dollars.

MarcusA

God is in my head which is hell.

MarcusA

What I can't figure out is figures.

MarcusA

MarcusA

I have a clear vision of the future ahead of me, more of the same.

Icarus