News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

You are too kind.
Much obliged.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Magdalena on March 19, 2021, 04:38:49 AM
I'm feeling...stuff...I don't enjoy feeling...or thinking...I wonder what a father's hug feels like. I don't even know what the MF looks like. People say I look like him...But I'm not like him.
I just wish he knew that.
:deadpan:

I'd hug you if I could, Mags.  You deserve it.

xSilverPhinx

I'm feeling...stuff...I don't enjoy feeling...or thinking...I wonder what a father's hug feels like. I don't even know what the MF looks like. People say I look like him...But I'm not like him.

:console: 

Quote from: No one on March 19, 2021, 06:46:01 AM
You are infinitely better, Raps, infinitely better.

:this:

Truth.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Magdalena

^^^
Awww.  :tellmemore:
Thank you, Fernandita. :hug2:
Thank you, Bruce. :hug2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Sandra Craft

Sometimes there's nothing worse than missing what you've never had.  And judging from what I've known of you here, I'd say you're better than most people around. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: Sandra Craft on March 19, 2021, 10:25:44 PM

Sometimes there's nothing worse than missing what you've never had.  And judging from what I've known of you here, I'd say you're better than most people around.
Thank you, Sandra, your words mean a lot to me.  :love:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

Not to detract from raps utter awesomeness, but the deuce I dropped at birth is better than most people.

But yes, raps is a fantastic specimen of just what a human should stirve to be.

Icarus

Your pain is understood Mags. Please accept my sympathetic understanding.  If we were closer together I would be most pleased to give you a fatherly hug that was absolutely sincere.

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on March 20, 2021, 02:07:10 AM

Your pain is understood Mags. Please accept my sympathetic understanding.  If we were closer together I would be most pleased to give you a fatherly hug that was absolutely sincere.
Thank you, Icarus. That's very sweet of you.  :hug:

Bad Penny II

I'm feeling...stuff...I don't enjoy feeling...or thinking...I wonder what a father's hug feels like.

It probably depends on the father/child.  Somewhere in the horrible to wonderful range.
I didn't do hugs with my father, or mother really, there was a gap, imposed by me I think.

Parents are the past, I do hugs with my people, wife and daughters, what does it feel like? I don't know, I squish 'em anyway.

I found this cute

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 20, 2021, 02:56:47 PM
Parents are the past...
Yes, to most people they are. My father is just an imaginary thing in the past, the present and future. Most people can't understand what that's like. But there's lots of us walking around in this world who never had, "a parental unit." or a "safety net" as I like to call it. It's a very intense life.

No one

But you've met someone who makes you happy. Shitty parental units do not deserve rent free space in your head. Evict their ass. I realize it is easier said than, but as I said your Mr. Raps has filled you with what the missing douche neglected. Cherish that.

Magdalena

Quote from: No one on March 20, 2021, 07:23:00 PM
...Shitty parental units do not deserve rent free space in your head. Evict their ass....

Evict my imaginary father's ass from my head...That's heavy.

:grin:

No one

How are so proficient in always posting the perfect GIF?