News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

I had two yard signs in my lawn yesterday, One was a Biden-Harris sign.  The other was a sign indicating that I do not want to defund my police department.  Some sleazy MFeR stole my Biden sign. They left the police support sign,,,,why?????
If it was a poor person who wanted the sign for their yard then I can almost (not quite) forgive them.,. If it was a Trump asshole who stole my damned sign then I hope that they rot in hell.

That ain't all....A small group of protesters are demonstrating on busy street corner. My city has an ordinance that requires masks when in facilities that can not exercise social distancing.  The dimwit demonstrators are holding up signs that say: Masks do not work, Covid is a hoax, face diapers are a curse, etc.   

My county is marginally Republican, many of which are Trumpers.. I truly want to respect my fellow citizens.  Not easy because they surely have shit for brains.

Except for that ....Have a nice day.

Randy

Wow, Icarus. People will stoop to anything it seems like. It looks like this is going to be a heated election.

"Face diapers are a curse", what does that even mean? How can wearing something be a curse? :shrug:
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

No one has stolen my Biden sign, yet. I have 4 more of them as reserves just in case.

Icarus

I have dreamed up several wicked schemes to foil sign thieves.  At the lower end of the scale...coat the bottom of the wire frame sign holder with peanut butter, where it will be lifted........next up, coat it with dog shit, ....onward......  fasten razor blades to the lower edges of the wire,.... more serious ... where the wire holder is inserted in the ground, insulate the wire with PVC pipe....then attach wires from my cattle guard transformer,......it gets worse.....a trip line that ignites explosives (comp C maybe)  as in jungle warfare. 

Naaah!  not serious about the lethal stuff. The dog shit option is  suitable.  Maybe some paint in troughs in places where the thief would need to step. I suspect that sign thieves do their stunts in the dark of night.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Icarus on September 16, 2020, 12:14:48 AM
I have dreamed up several wicked schemes to foil sign thieves.  At the lower end of the scale...coat the bottom of the wire frame sign holder with peanut butter, where it will be lifted........next up, coat it with dog shit, ....onward......  fasten razor blades to the lower edges of the wire,.... more serious ... where the wire holder is inserted in the ground, insulate the wire with PVC pipe....then attach wires from my cattle guard transformer,......it gets worse.....a trip line that ignites explosives (comp C maybe)  as in jungle warfare. 

Naaah!  not serious about the lethal stuff. The dog shit option is  suitable.  Maybe some paint in troughs in places where the thief would need to step. I suspect that sign thieves do their stunts in the dark of night.

I like the peanut butter and dog shit ideas (not together!) but the paint will probably get tracked all over. The cattle fence transformer would be comedy gold! :lol:

We had a neighbor vandalizing our property. Putting up an array of cameras took care of that nicely.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on September 16, 2020, 12:14:48 AM

You have an evil mind there, Icarus. I like it.  :devil:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

jumbojak

A friend of mine was arrested, not for stealing signs but for vandalizing them. She went out with her boyfriend and would hit every church in the county, rearranging the letters on their signs. My favorite was one where they had enough to change the original message of faith to, "BEER DRINKING CHALLENGE NEXT SUNDAY" or something to that effect. I don't think she got actual jail time.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on September 16, 2020, 06:07:45 PM
A friend of mine was arrested, not for stealing signs but for vandalizing them. She went out with her boyfriend and would hit every church in the county, rearranging the letters on their signs. My favorite was one where they had enough to change the original message of faith to, "BEER DRINKING CHALLENGE NEXT SUNDAY" or something to that effect. I don't think she got actual jail time.

:lol: I'll bet a lot of people got disappointed that there wasn't actually going to be a beer drinking challenge. :P
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

billy rubin

in washington state the calvinist communities dont dance

so the highschool proms advertze

prom night. live music and rhythmic interpretation.

so i have been told by a calvinist from there

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

Quote from: jumbojak on September 16, 2020, 06:07:45 PM
That would be the only reason I'd attend church. :)
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: billy rubin on September 17, 2020, 02:08:35 AM
in washington state the calvinist communities dont dance

so the highschool proms advertze

prom night. live music and rhythmic interpretation.

so i have been told by a calvinist from there

Calvinist communities?  Small enclaves or actual towns?

billy rubin

pretty much tbe latter, i was told. small farming townz.

a coworker explained to me how relaxing it wS to live in a commu ity where everybody was a member of the CRC. people were all on the same page.

indigenous culture, so to speak.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Magdalena

Quote from: Magdalena on September 13, 2020, 02:08:16 AM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 12, 2020, 11:50:43 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 12, 2020, 11:03:17 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 12, 2020, 09:07:17 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on September 12, 2020, 07:49:35 PM
The smoke from the California fires has been giving me allergies and it's making my nose bleed. It's really bad. All my windows are closed but we can still smell the smoke. So, COVID, fires, Trump, what's next, an earthquake?
:felix:

Probably. 2020 sucks!

OR...or...rain and floods.

:fingertap:

Why not both!?

Sure, why not?
Let's add a tsunami and a hurricane, I mean, Pacific hurricane season runs from May 15th to November 30th.
:reading:

I think I'm feeling a little bit negative.

We had a strong earthquake, just now.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dark Lightning

Magdalena

Quote from: Dark Lightning on September 19, 2020, 09:01:31 PM
It was just a small jolt!  :smilenod:

Not if you were at the epicenter like I was.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant