News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

You may have already covered this, but is a liver transplant a possibility?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Randy on August 20, 2020, 09:31:56 PM
Anyway, that's why I said I think she's grasping at straws.

Grasping at straws sounds entirely acceptable.

QuoteYou know, cancer sucks royally. It sucks, blows, bites, and is just unrelenting. I think I'm getting to some stage where I get angry. It's no longer worry or fear, it's rage. I want to hit something.

And so does this.  And mix putting holes in walls with eating giant ice cream sundaes or key lime pies for dinner. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Randy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 21, 2020, 07:10:46 PM
Quote from: Randy on August 20, 2020, 09:31:56 PM
Anyway, that's why I said I think she's grasping at straws.

Grasping at straws sounds entirely acceptable.

QuoteYou know, cancer sucks royally. It sucks, blows, bites, and is just unrelenting. I think I'm getting to some stage where I get angry. It's no longer worry or fear, it's rage. I want to hit something.

And so does this.  And mix putting holes in walls with eating giant ice cream sundaes or key lime pies for dinner.
I haven't been able to eat anything for around five years now. All my nutrition comes from a tube in my stomach that is attached to a pump. But man I could go for an ice cream sundae or key lime pie!

I haven't hit anything. I thought about hitting my pillow but it didn't do anything to me and seems kind of defenseless.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on August 21, 2020, 12:37:12 PM
I've been thinking about y'all lately. Too busy to post but y'all are on my mind.

I had been wondering what was keeping you occupied.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Randy on August 21, 2020, 07:18:40 PM

I haven't been able to eat anything for around five years now. All my nutrition comes from a tube in my stomach that is attached to a pump. But man I could go for an ice cream sundae or key lime pie!

I haven't hit anything. I thought about hitting my pillow but it didn't do anything to me and seems kind of defenseless.

Well, that's awful.  I was wondering if you were on a restricted diet, but that's far worse.  I wonder if they make key lime scented candles -- at least you could smell it.

I don't like hitting pillows -- there's no real emotional payoff and you're right, they are defenseless.  There was a time I bought cheap, breakable things and kept them around for whenever I needed to break something.  I'd also collect glass to take to the recycling place and throw into the big glass collection bin.  Lots of emotional payoff in smashing glass.
Sandy

Randy

I'm pretty sure there is a scented candle out there for key lime pie. They seem to have a scent for all the pleasant things. Although when  I think about it a scented candle will probably make me wish for a pie. I'm thinking about it now and I miss it and other pies that come to mind. :(
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Randy on August 22, 2020, 01:58:49 AM
I'm pretty sure there is a scented candle out there for key lime pie. They seem to have a scent for all the pleasant things. Although when  I think about it a scented candle will probably make me wish for a pie. I'm thinking about it now and I miss it and other pies that come to mind. :(

Yeah.  Have to focus on finding non-food pleasures to indulge, something I find difficult to even imagine.
Sandy

Randy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on August 22, 2020, 02:11:51 AM

Yeah.  Have to focus on finding non-food pleasures to indulge, something I find difficult to even imagine.
My taste buds are pretty much shot. Most everything tastes bad although I have found one thing I like and that's the Starbucks Frappuccino that comes in a bottle. I'm not supposed to drink anything either because of potential aspiration. So far I've avoided doing that although I don't know how. It could be because I cough up anything that enters my trachea.

Eating is out of the question. Simply nothing will go down no matter how much I chew it. So for now it's Starbucks. Oh, Yoo-Hoos too. They taste alright. Soda burns the back of my throat so I can't sample different ones.

I've tried drinking a number of things and these two things are the only ones I like.

Magdalena

I've been thinking about y'all lately. Too busy to post but y'all are on my mind.
Hi jj:computerwave:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

hermes2015

Good to hear from you. What have you been up to?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

xSilverPhinx

:therethere:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

:wave hi: JJ!
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Hang in there, Randy! Not very good news, though. :(

Icarus

Randy

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 21, 2020, 04:29:58 PM
You may have already covered this, but is a liver transplant a possibility?
I'm sorry, Bruce. I completely missed this one somehow.

A liver transplant hasn't been brought up. The last surgeon in April didn't want to operate on me to take out my gallbladder because of my health. He wasn't sure my body could handle it. So even if there were one I probably couldn't have it anyway.

You have to remember that the cancer started at the base of my tongue and metastasized into my liver where it's growing and multiplying. Maybe they don't think it will work and that's why it wasn't brought up? I have no idea. I could ask my doctor when I see her again in about three weeks. The next two weeks I go from lab work to infusion straight away. I think she said it will be eight weeks on and one week off but I've read conflicting posts from around the cancer researchers. Maybe she's giving me a milder dose and extending the number of weeks. My body can't take much these days.