News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

No one

Red headed ladies? Red headed ladies with green eyes? Red headed ladies with green eyes and........ um......... extremely healthy lungs?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 16, 2020, 04:46:31 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 14, 2020, 09:02:27 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on June 14, 2020, 07:59:31 PM
Seems I'm open to close every day since going back to work.

:wave hi: jj! I was thinking of you the other day. How have you been?

I suspect JJ has been fine, but denying us his presence in the hope that we will start a thread "Wherefore Art Thou JJ?", only with dancing ladies, not Asian guys.

:fishing:
      :hooked:

I don't know though. :P A thread for JJ with flashing lights and dancing ladies or allow him to remain quietly undisturbed among us? What would you prefer, JJ? :grin:

A flashy thread with dancing ladies can...erm...be arranged... :devil:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 16, 2020, 02:06:36 AM
I was doing great until tonight. Second week back at the gym and I got slammed. Not very high but I think I have a mild concussion.

How are you feeling now?

jumbojak

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: billy rubin on June 16, 2020, 02:14:57 AM
slammed?

this isnt bowflex, i think.

Something like this:

https://youtu.be/57J54Dkbk5I

Though I was on the ground when I was lifted and not lifted nearly so high. I'm still trying to remember what happened between the time I came up off the mats and when I was sitting in a chair asking what time it was.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Randy

Quote from: jumbojak on June 17, 2020, 05:37:37 AM
Though I was on the ground when I was lifted and not lifted nearly so high. I'm still trying to remember what happened between the time I came up off the mats and when I was sitting in a chair asking what time it was.
Have you had an examination? Tank is right, it could be a concussion.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

JJ the guy made a foolish mistake. No wonder that he got slammed. His competitor was bigger and probably stronger.  Leg locking as in the video is a very amateurish move. When your feet are off the mat you have lost all control of your opponent in such a case. A front leg lock when on the mat is a different deal but not a smart maneuver when fighting a larger, stronger opponent.  A rear leg lock gives you some control or at least an opportunity to use your hands as in a submission move such as Hadaka Jimi C. That is a choke or carotid artery attack that is at this time not in vogue for the use by cops.

With a big guy like that you can push him so that he pushes back with more force. You are moving backwards in response which sets up an opportunity for basic easy throws such as Tomoe Nagi or Uki Otoshi.

long ago Sensei Rosson ne Icarus (IJF Nidan , Shodan) can tell it easily but certainly can no longer put his money where his mouth is.  Sorry about your hard earned experience with the slam.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Randy on June 17, 2020, 03:31:19 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on June 17, 2020, 05:37:37 AM
Have you had an examination? Tank is right, it could be a concussion.

:this:

billy rubin

headaches, blurred or double vizion?

nausea?

set the function, not the mechanism.

jumbojak

Bit of a headache but I'm sure I'll be fine. Gotta work one way or the other.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on June 18, 2020, 09:17:18 PM
Bit of a headache but I'm sure I'll be fine. Gotta work one way or the other.

:unsure:

Randy

What's on my mind today: Medical bills, coffee, and autobiography - not in that order.
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

Is there a prize for replicating the proper sequence?