News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Quote from: Buddy on October 27, 2019, 01:44:21 AM
I'm three drinks in at this gay bar Halloween party and looking very cute. If I don't get kissed tonight I will be severely disappointed
Hope you did!
Also hope you don't mind me asking, but since you mentioned you were gay before but also dated at least one guy, what do you consider yourself? Gay? Bi? Shut the fuck up Firebird?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Buddy

I don't mind question firebird. :) I had come out as lesbian before I met my ex and when I did meet him I thought maybe I was bi instead. After being with him for a while I learned that I was definitely not bi. It's the main reason why we split
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

Buddy, You are definitely cool with us no matter which way you go.  But you already knew that didn't you?

I was watching MSNBC on Halloween night.  Rachael Maddow began her program by saying that she has dressed in her Halloween costume.  She was wearing what she always wears, black dress, very little jewelry and minimum make up. She said that she had "dressed as a middle aged, overweight, lesbian".  That cracked me up funny as it must have done for her legion of viewers.

Tom62

^Now that is what I call a sense of humour.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Firebird

Quote from: Buddy on November 03, 2019, 06:56:29 PM
I don't mind question firebird. :) I had come out as lesbian before I met my ex and when I did meet him I thought maybe I was bi instead. After being with him for a while I learned that I was definitely not bi. It's the main reason why we split

Glad you feel more certain about who you are. Sucks that you had to break up with him, but I hope it wasn't too painful.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Bad Penny II

Mormons killed in Mexico.

Am I going to be the interviewer or the Mormonish family friend?

You can be the interviewer.

Nine members of a family from a Mormon community were killed.

Yes, terrible, those beautiful little children.

But some survived in another car.

Yes, praise the lord.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 06, 2019, 08:50:52 AM

Yes, praise the lord.

Why were you there?

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 06, 2019, 01:37:34 PM

Yes, praise the lord.

Why were you there?

To be the Mormon that thanked praised god for sparing some whilst others were slaughtered.

She sounded like a lovely person, maybe I shouldn't mock her coping mechanism...
Maybe we should.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Bad Penny II on November 06, 2019, 01:52:30 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 06, 2019, 01:37:34 PM

Yes, praise the lord.

Why were you there?

To be the Mormon that thanked praised god for sparing some whilst others were slaughtered.

She sounded like a lovely person, maybe I shouldn't mock her coping mechanism...
Maybe we should.

I'm not going to mock someone who has suffered a tragedy.  I simply question the wisdom of being in a place where you know you have dangerous people out to get you.  They were sitting ducks for these psychopaths. It borders on being naive.

billy rubin

hard to escape them. i used to camp on the beach at puerto penasco, in northern sonora. little town, dirt roads, small shops. several hours from phoenix.

multiple shooting there earlier this year. two dead, three injured. looks a lot like the mormon thing.

https://www.kyma.com/news/two-dead-and-three-injured-following-shooting-in-rocky-point/724295860

people get shot just about everywhere.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Bad Penny II

Fire.  About 1pm there was smoke nearby to the north with a northerly breeze blowing.
Went around the corner to talk the fireys, "should I be worried?"
No, not particularly but with the stay vigilant proviso.
I came home and things weren't looking to good so I started getting stuff ready for an exit.
Low flames appeared at back of my land, 100m away, time to start moving stuff into the car.
Flames are level with my shed, climbing high into the tall eucalypts.
Time for expletives and a last rush to the car.
Spent some time up the road a bit, meet my wife.
Go to have a look at the chard remains of our house and hallelujah, it still stands, it's a miracle, ALL the fieries say so, come back in a couple of hours.
Off to the sanctuary that is Macdonalds, a km or two away.
Sit in the shade on some artificial grass watching the smoke and the ubiquitous phone, our house is a new media star.
Eat some Macas, wasn't bad actually but we probly didn't need the large chips but it was the dollar deal of the day.

Back home, plan is go stay with my daughter, seek sanctuary as climate change refugees, the air is FOWL!.
The fieries say we should stay and keep watch overnight so we're staying, did I mention the air is fowl?
My nice newish metal 6x6m garage is all warped, most that was in it is cactus.
My 16 ft pink plastic sea kayak is no more, haven't even identified its remains yet.
The scene is apocalyptic, patches of orange in the night, occasionally a tree will fall.
We had this feature, a five foot across log, old, old, solid serious red hardwood, that's going to burn for a while.
Put the vegies I peeled ready for dinner in the fridge for tommorow, YE! the electricity still works, praise the lord.
Theirs fire trucks in the drive way for hours, they go away and my wife calls them back cause the evil orange is growing next door, they stay an hour and go again.
It's Thursday night, get sozzled and watch a TV series night. We've finished Killing Eve so we're on to Dirk Gently, the Douglas Adams character.
That's done though and I'm alone, doing the long night watch for the dreaded orange.
The air is fowl.
My years supply of beer stored in my subfloor was saved.
Praise the lord.

Recusant

Well, that was an eventful several hours. Very happy to hear that you and yours are OK, and that your abode still stands! :yes!:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dark Lightning

Lucky you! Fires are everywhere here in southern California. I haven't had to sweat it, yet.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.