News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Some of that stuff smells very nice indeed, and it doesn't bother my sinuses the way that perfume does.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

hermes2015

Quote from: Buddy on December 27, 2018, 05:41:49 PM
My mom recently got into the whole essential oils thing. Thankfully she's not in the whole "oils cure cancer" group, but more like, "This one helps you sleep, this one makes you energized." So I decided I would try a few to support her. I don't know if they do anything for moods, but they make my room smell nice so I'll take it.

Is it true that clove oil will get rid of silverfish?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 28, 2018, 03:10:56 AM
My mom recently got into the whole essential oils thing. Thankfully she's not in the whole "oils cure cancer" group, but more like, "This one helps you sleep, this one makes you energized." So I decided I would try a few to support her. I don't know if they do anything for moods, but they make my room smell nice so I'll take it.

I don't know about clove oil, but I've found anything minty generally repels bugs.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 28, 2018, 05:09:42 AM

I don't know about clove oil, but I've found anything minty generally repels bugs.

I've been told that too, but never tried it. I've also been told that lavender repels mosquitos.

If only things under my care didn't die so quickly.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 28, 2018, 06:02:35 PM
Quote from: Sandra Craft on December 28, 2018, 05:09:42 AM

I've been told that too, but never tried it. I've also been told that lavender repels mosquitos.

If only things under my care didn't die so quickly.  ::)

I don't know about lavender repelling mosquitoes (I depend on spiders for that) - but it will make the room smell nice so I guess it doesn't matter. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Make friends with the Bats.  Some of their species eradicate mosquitos in wholesale quantities. Bats good- bugs bad...................(except for the good bugs that are important to our survival)  Nature is a bitch ain't she?

Buddy

Sick as a dog today. Only good thing to come about it is that my wonderful mom made me homemade chicken soup.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on December 30, 2018, 10:15:27 PM
Sick as a dog today. Only good thing to come about it is that my wonderful mom made me homemade chicken soup.

Oh dear. Glad the soup helped.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

About to leave Durango Colorado after a few days in the snow. Flying while drunk.

xSilverPhinx

:whew: Almost finished summer cleaning.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dark Lightning

Trade you some cold for some hot. I wish that would work!

Ground off a couple of sections of webbing on my old cast iron table saw, so that I can adapt it to be a router table. Now I need to mount the router, but that's just three holes to drill and countersink. My old router table is a PoJ. I'm going to sell it on Craigslist.  :thumbsup2:

Buddy

I pulled off a pretty dick move with my apartment complex but whatever. I dropped off the rent payment and made sure every inch of the check was covered with sticky notes saying what apartment it was going to. I'm not proud of being an asshole but I'm still pretty mad about them losing last month's rent.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

jumbojak

You should have sent a certified letter.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 31, 2018, 06:34:52 PM

Ground off a couple of sections of webbing on my old cast iron table saw, so that I can adapt it to be a router table. Now I need to mount the router, but that's just three holes to drill and countersink. My old router table is a PoJ. I'm going to sell it on Craigslist.  :thumbsup2:

That's really clever. I might steal that idea one of these days. I take it you'll be reusing the fence?

You should post photos in the Workshop thread.

Dark Lightning

Quote from: jumbojak on December 31, 2018, 08:38:58 PM
Quote from: Dark Lightning on December 31, 2018, 06:34:52 PM

That's really clever. I might steal that idea one of these days. I take it you'll be reusing the fence?

You should post photos in the Workshop thread.

The fence is a PoJ as well. It's a gimmicky plastic one. I'm looking for a better fence but will probably end up making my own. I'll get some pics up in the Workshop thread in a bit.