News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Perhaps its a matched "Him & Her" set of penis and vagina shaped soap bars.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Gloucester on June 09, 2017, 06:54:38 PM
Perhaps its a matched "Him & Her" set of penis and vagina shaped soap bars.

I think there's a business opportunity in that idea.

I fear we are corrupting innocent young Arturo.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

^^^ You three "Potty Mouths" need to sit back down in your desks, and keep quite! Talking 'bout, pee pee and va-jie-jie shaped soap and shit. >:(

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on June 09, 2017, 07:43:10 PM
^^^ You three "Potty Mouths" need to sit back down in your desks, and keep quite! Talking 'bout, pee pee and va-jie-jie shaped soap and shit. >:(

No shit . . . Just the soap thanks!  :grin:

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Arturo

Always after. Why use fucking soap before the pants are dropped and the squat is popped?
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I got a message from someone on the schizophrenia forum with the title "Projection". The title is what you always see first and when I clicked on it, all it was , was the guy asking me if I astral project. I wonder if it's because it's summer that all the crazies come out.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

This seems to be the final week of schools for most kids around this area...a young girl in my yoga class took her last final on Friday, and today she has only half a day and then she's done for good and will graduate in a week or so from High School.

I told her that she was too fucking happy about it, and should keep her damn emotions in check around us older working people.

She told us she was going to take the rest of June and all of July off to unwind. Brat.  >:(

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

jumbojak

The farm truck lost a coolant hose and all of its coolant. It was the line I had tried replacing the connector on but gave up when it wouldn't come free of the heater core. Hoping for the best and trying to get out of work early to assess the damage but I'm fearing the worst. If the truck ran hot too long this could be a disaster. :(

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Dave

Had, for me, a productive day.

My neighbour, Andy, an ex-builder but now a bit disabled and I are going to tackle our shared and rather tatty street door. All the windows have been raplaced over the years but the door is now about 30 years old and looks it! I own my flat but Andy rents from his son, who does not want to co-invest in a new street door.

Job one was to fill the round hole where the old lock was properly, I had only patched it up to keep the weather out. Find a hole saw slightly larger than the hole and cut a plug with it sounds simple. But I ended up cutting three thin discs which I had to glue and screw together. Then it needed "turning to size", using the guide drill holes, a 6mm bolt and nut, the electric hand drill and a file. Took a few try fittings before I had a slightly tapered plug that tapped in for a real snug fit. With glue.

Now it happens that the street door is at the bottom of a flight of stairs and my workshop atop a ladder in the loft. And I have a dicky ticker...  Job took all morning due to the periods of rest I needed during the five ascents and descents! Still, job done and also the doorstep has been sanded ready for a repaint as well.

Then the slightly drippy cold tap on the bathroom basin decided to go for broke (literally) - almost constant flow - after I washed my hands.  I have had the new taps for about three months, xSP is not the only procrastinator! I hate changing taps!!

There is a ceramic pillar supporting the sink that makes getting both hands in to guide the tap spanner very difficult, and you need one to hold the tap anyway. Back up into the loft for the tap spanner I last used about 15 years ago. I must have been in an organised mode then, it was actually where it should be! About half an hour's cussing, fumbling, dropping spanners, scraping knuckles and mopping up - another job done.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Gloucester on June 13, 2017, 09:56:03 PM

And I have a dicky ticker... 

I know know that means a weak heart, but I so want to use the phrase in a sentence.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 13, 2017, 10:10:27 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on June 13, 2017, 09:56:03 PM

And I have a dicky ticker... 

I know know that means a weak heart, but I so want to use the phrase in a sentence.

Best use of it was in a an extremely un-PC, but immensely funny, TV series set in a French cafè during WW2. The local mayor lusted after the  mother of Renè, the cafè owner, but his "dicky ticker" (in a pseudo-French accent) always got in the way.

hermes2015

I got tired just reading about your busy day. I am heading towards something similar soon. A year ago we removed the old deep pile carpeting in my apartment and had the floors sanded and sealed, The result was beautiful (the  floors are teak parquet) - I will post some photos some time. Now the doors have 50mm gaps at the bottom I want to fill in to end up with 6mm gaps. I have already done the front door, so I have an idea how to do it.

Perhaps I should invite you for a working visit to my place, Gloucester. I think I have a defibrillator somewhere, in case your ticker needs a bit of stimulation.
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on June 14, 2017, 05:46:53 AM
I got tired just reading about your busy day. I am heading towards something similar soon. A year ago we removed the old deep pile carpeting in my apartment and had the floors sanded and sealed, The result was beautiful (the  floors are teak parquet) - I will post some photos some time. Now the doors have 50mm gaps at the bottom I want to fill in to end up with 6mm gaps. I have already done the front door, so I have an idea how to do it.

Perhaps I should invite you for a working visit to my place, Gloucester. I think I have a defibrillator somewhere, in case your ticker needs a bit of stimulation.

Don't need the defibrillator, got one permanently implanted!

About the size of a small dumbphone. Sits just under the skin below my left collar bone.