News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

Conspiracy theorists are really strange people. One has to wonder how in hell they become so infected by outlandish delusionary notions......Wait, Maybe there are some evil operatives out there who secretly administer mysterious drugs to selected people. The drugs cause them to believe in conspiracies like black helicopters and that George W Bush arranged the twin tower events in order to start a war with Iraq and make Cheney and Rumsfeld rich because they owned Halliburton Corp.

Among other beliefs, we actually have our own bigfoot here in Florida, maybe more than one of them. We don't refer to him/her/them as Bigfoot.  People who have seen them out in the Florida swamps say that their bodies are covered with hair and that they smell really bad. That is why we call them "Skunk Apes", not Bigfoot or Sasquatch.

Recusant

I stopped by the Skunk Ape Research Headquarters, just to get a photo of their depiction of the elusive animal (and to find the geocache that was located there).  ;)

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Ah, conspiracy theories. :tellmemore: I used to listen to some of Alex Jones' ramblings for the fun of it, and that other guy (I forgot his name) who thinks that there is a secret reptilian race controlling the world. Both must have millions of hits on youtube.

And then there are the countless Illuminati and New World Order videos available for viewing pleasure.

Those are all good fun.   

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

"Jesus loves you" turns into "Be atheists". :lol:

Buddy

One of these days I'll learn not to read Facebook comments.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Velma

As much as I love my three-day weekends every week, working four ten-hour days in a row is getting to me. I'm thinking of asking my boss if I can work a two-one-two shift where I work two days, have one day off, then work two more days. There's really no reason for him to say no. We have a distinct lack of staffing on Thursday and Friday. I normally work Thursday, but it would give us more folks around on Fridays.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Yesterday, I finally was able to talk to my supervisor about changing my shift. I'd hardly gotten the question out before he was saying, "You sold me. When do you want to start?" Monday I start my new shift. I am really looking forward to it.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on September 21, 2016, 12:49:26 PM
:rofl:
Hey, it's a sad tale. >:( A sad tale of heroism and apples and meese and theft.  >:(

The Asmo demands that everyone mourn the mower's most tragic demise.

...Also, the WTF-like facial expression on the moose towards the end... Priceless.  ;D Now, MOURN the mower!  >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

Having recently lost a mower that had endeared itself, I join in lamenting the passing of that brave little machine. Not because of any demand, though.  :folded:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on September 21, 2016, 06:58:07 PM
Having recently lost a mower that had endeared itself, I join in lamenting the passing of that brave little machine. Not because of any demand, though.  :folded:
Well... The Asmo is in mourning, so He shall grumpily settle for this here less-than-proper response to this deepest of tragedies. Might smite the moose after. >:(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on September 21, 2016, 06:52:47 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 21, 2016, 12:49:26 PM
:rofl:
Hey, it's a sad tale. >:( A sad tale of heroism and apples and meese and theft.  >:(

The Asmo demands that everyone mourn the mower's most tragic demise.

...Also, the WTF-like facial expression on the moose towards the end... Priceless.  ;D Now, MOURN the mower!  >:(
How about a little retribution in stead? Going hunting tomorrow.  ;)

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Pasta Chick

I saw the person who had their dog exorcised, and they were wearing a shirt with an atheist symbol on it. So now I'm just confused.