News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

That's it, the Star Wars video is over and the wine bottle is empty, with hope left in the balance.

I am three parts happy drunk, ever optimistic, ever hoping tomorrow will be a new world.

Fuck the politicians, I will survive and take my friends with me!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Siz

Early to bed for a 5am alarm call. Short ride down to the start of my 100-mile closed-road race around London and Surrey. Almost looking forward to it this year. Home by lunchtime. That's the plan, anyway...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Siz on July 30, 2016, 11:09:55 PM
Early to bed for a 5am alarm call. Short ride down to the start of my 100-mile closed-road race around London and Surrey. Almost looking forward to it this year. Home by lunchtime. That's the plan, anyway...

Good luck!

Velma

Quote from: Velma on July 21, 2016, 07:38:15 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on July 21, 2016, 09:46:56 AM
Quote from: Velma on July 21, 2016, 08:35:31 AM
Despite the fact the autoimmune disease that is trying to kill my joints has gone into a full flare, my orthopedist says my recovery from knee replacement surgery is going very well. Both he and my physical therapist are pleased with my progress.

Now I'm just waiting to see the rheumatologist so we can get the autoimmune disease under control again so I won't be hurting so much all the time. I see her on the 29th. I tried to get my appointment moved up, but the only opening they had was on the 28th. It was not worth all the hassle of rearranging things to get in a day earlier. This is my new rheumatologist, so it will be the first time I've seen her. My previous rheumatologist retired.

Wow, it's just one step forward, two steps back some times isn't it?  Good luck with the new doctor.
There are times it feels that way.

Thank you. I hate breaking in a new doctor. Even better, this one has only been in practice since last year. Although, it is entirely possible she still has that new doctor shine.  :D I am glad that I do have the option of asking to see a different doctor in the group if she doesn't work out.
I finally met my new doctor Friday. She seems really nice. She asked questions and actually listened to the answers. Because I've been having a flare for the past four weeks, she increased the dosage  for one of my medications. She also told me not to take it this week because of my sore throat, just in case I was coming down with something.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 30, 2016, 12:17:48 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 30, 2016, 04:18:07 AM
So....
Like....
I'm as drunk as anyone can get on a whole bunch of Bud Light beers.

What's on my mind? Bruno de la Pole and Crow. I  think they will always be on my mind whenever I get drunk.  :cryandrun:

I hate them..

Amen.

:therethere:

Thanks.  ;D

Quote from: Guardian85 on July 30, 2016, 06:51:13 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 30, 2016, 04:18:07 AM
So....
Like....
I'm as drunk as anyone can get on a whole bunch of Bud Light beers.

You need a better grade of alcoholic beverage. 8)

Seriously? Bud Light? Might as well drink water.....  :???:

**Ahem...**

Hi,

My head hurts...

I would like to apologize for my behavior last night. I said I hated some people, and I don't. I challenged No one...Ha-ha, no one, I mean, I challenged No one, and that's not right. I shared personal stuff about my family, which I usually don't. I had an *insurmountable amount of Bud Lights. --I will try to not do it again.  :shifty:

*insurmountable=6 bottles of Bud Light Beer.
With other beer:
2 Heineken=6 bottles of Bud Light Beer.   
3 Modelo Especial=6 bottles of Bud Light Beer.
and
1 bottle of red wine=12 bottles of Bud Light Beer.

Yeah, it tastes like water.  :-\

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

Quote from: Magdalena on July 31, 2016, 05:04:12 AM

With other beer:
and

Just to let you know, Heineken isn't a proper beer either  ;).
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on July 31, 2016, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on July 31, 2016, 05:04:12 AM

With other beer:
and

What is a "proper beer" Tom?

Tom62

Quote from: Gloucester on July 31, 2016, 11:27:19 AM

Heineken is not even in the list of the best 100 Dutch beers. The best beers made in the Netherlands are from micro-breweries. Some proper "industrial" Dutch beers are Brand, Hertog Jan, Grolsch and Dommelsch. Since I'm living in Germany, I mainly drink German beers nowadays. One of my favourite German breweries is the Augustiner Bräu in Munich. Their Edelstoff beer is delicious. They also make an excellent Hefeweizen (wheat) beer.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on July 31, 2016, 01:32:44 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on July 31, 2016, 11:27:19 AM

Heineken is not even in the list of the best 100 Dutch beers. The best beers made in the Netherlands are from micro-breweries. Some proper "industrial" Dutch beers are Brand, Hertog Jan, Grolsch and Dommelsch. Since I'm living in Germany, I mainly drink German beers nowadays. One of my favourite German breweries is the Augustiner Bräu in Munich. Their Edelstoff beer is delicious. They also make an excellent Hefeweizen (wheat) beer.

Thanks for that, Tom.

I tend to try any micro- craft- beer or ale, most of them are very good. But I don't think I will be retrying chocolate or coffee flavour ales again in the near future! I like a hoppy tang to beers and the "smokey"sweet back taste of a true ale.

Magdalena

Yes, thank you for that, Tom62.
I think I got drunk and I was looking for you, and like you said, "It is a bit hard to find you..."  :-\
Quote from: Tom62 on July 21, 2016, 06:17:30 AM
It is a bit hard to find. If you enter the Laid Back Lounge then turn left after approx. 100 meters. Walk straight through the hall of "Memorable and Honorable Members" This brings you to a section called "HA[L]F Forgotten Heroes". At the end, you'll see some stairs going down to the cellar. Be careful when walking down the stairs, because these are the "Stairs of Eternal Doom". There are rumours that the stairs were build by M.C. Escher and are haunted by the lost souls of banned HAF members :o. Once you are down in the cellar, turn right. What ever you do, don't turn left, because you might find out whatever happened to Whitney. On the right side you should find a curtain hanging on the wall. Behind that curtain is a small door, with a warning sign on it that says "Enter at your own risk". Behind the door you'll find a very small room that mainly filled with long forgotten HAF memorabilia and stuff. I'm part of the cupboard that is hidden the darkest corner.
I did find the "Memorable and Honorable Members" the "Forgotten Heroes" the "Retired Heroes." But when I got to the "Enter at your own risk" I turned around and left.  :-\

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

So much is on my mind that I can't sleep.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Buddy

About to go in for my second interview for a waitress job at a restaurant. I really hope this pans out. I'd love to leave the barn for something else
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.