News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Buddy on June 06, 2016, 11:11:53 PM
Quote from: No one on June 06, 2016, 04:48:31 PM
Quote from: Apathy on June 06, 2016, 04:07:51 AM
Haha I wish but since I've had my psychotic episode, all my friends and my love interest told me to get lost. So I did and now I just hang with family and go to the gym and talk to the people I know there. But it's all guys and I'm not gay. I do get face to face with girls in these chat rooms but they are scattered all over the globe so they bring their drama with them. So not really connected with any girl in real life right now. I do talk to them though trying to build up my courage.

If they told you to get lost instead of standing by you, then these people were never your friends in the first place.  Good riddance!

Yep. Mental illness has such a stigma and it's awful. Recently had a person tell me that I didn't need antidepressants and just needed to grow up and deal with the real world. I don't speak to that person anymore.
What a dick!  >:(

And you can quote me on that as a professional opinion!

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

She's one of those "chemicals are bad and essential oils cure everything" type of people so I take her opinion with a grain of salt but it did sting a little.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Well, I handed in the summary I was struggling edit a while back and my advisor added more stuff to it, now it's two lines too long!  :sad sigh:

When I handed it in there was no room for any additions, it fit one page perfectly; I like living on the edge, you see.   :watching:

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I see what everyone's said. Magdalena, No one, Buddy, thanks!

BooksCatsEtc That's an idea that terrifies me so I will try that, over and over, just to face the fear.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 07, 2016, 01:20:53 AM
Well, I handed in the summary I was struggling edit a while back and my advisor added more stuff to it, now it's two lines too long!  :sad sigh:

When I handed it in there was no room for any additions, it fit one page perfectly; I like living on the edge, you see.   :watching:
"On the edge," I see it.
;D

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on June 07, 2016, 12:59:11 AM
She's one of those "chemicals are bad and essential oils cure everything" type of people so I take her opinion with a grain of salt but it did sting a little.
That's nothing...Many years ago, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my antidepressants and the pharmacist said to me, "You shouldn't take this stuff, you should go to church and pray so that your depression goes away." 
I said, "OK... :f you:
Now, give me my shit."

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

Quote from: Magdalena on June 07, 2016, 03:23:23 AM
That's nothing...Many years ago, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my antidepressants and the pharmacist said to me, "You shouldn't take this stuff, you should go to church and pray so that your depression goes away." 
Now, give me my shit."

Why is she even a pharmacist?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Buddy

Now, give me my shit."

That kind of bullshit makes me so angry. No one would say something like that to someone who needs insulin. What makes it okay to insult people with mental illnesses?

It took me years to come to terms with the fact that I have to take pills to function like a normal human being. I was so ashamed when I was first diagnosed because I was convinced I was broken in some ways. These days I have mostly accepted that it is what it is and I can't change that. Still doesn't make it suck any less.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on June 07, 2016, 03:35:24 AM
These days I have mostly accepted that it is what it is...

That's right!
:grin:

Magdalena

Quote from: Apathy on June 07, 2016, 03:27:37 AM
Now, give me my shit."

:shrug:
I didn't go there a second time.

No one

Quote from: Apathy on June 07, 2016, 03:27:37 AM
Now, give me my shit."

Because,  they get access to the primo shit.

OldGit

It must be against the pharmacists' code.

Claireliontamer

Surely pharmacists have to be licensed over there too?  I'd have reported them to your local board!

Magdalena

I should've reported her, but I had so much going on in my life at that time, I just didn't have the time, or the energy to fight one more battle.  :(

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Magdalena on June 08, 2016, 10:40:56 PM
I should've reported her, but I had so much going on in my life at that time, I just didn't have the time, or the energy to fight one more battle.  :(

If she says that kind of thing often then hopefully someone will eventually report her. Nobody should have to hear that kind of crap when they're feeling down. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey