News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

I've found a Thai restaurant nearby which is called FIL THAI.  I suppose nobody has told them. :)

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Recusant on May 26, 2016, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: Firebird on May 24, 2016, 08:30:27 PM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on May 24, 2016, 05:44:30 PM
I can't stop watching this. This my Chewbacca mask, today.

Broken link

It's a GIF:

The only good gif is a broken gif but it's not so it's not
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Pasta Chick

Ah, yes, sorry. Things get muddled up on my phone sometimes.

Quote from: OldGit on May 26, 2016, 01:03:49 PM
I've found a Thai restaurant nearby which is called FIL THAI.  I suppose nobody has told them. :)

We used to have one down the street called Thong. We thought it very strange. I only had one friend who said she wanted to eat a restaurant called Thong, and she followed it up with the qualifier "but I am a lesbain, though."

Magdalena

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 26, 2016, 05:20:12 PM
The only good gif is a broken gif but it's not so it's not
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Velma

Lots of physical therapy today. There is not a set time before I get to go home. I have a goal. I have to be able to bend my knee 90 degrees. Today I managed 60 degrees.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Icarus

Hang in there Velma. Sixty degrees is two thirds of the way there.

My wife, Elaine, is presently suffering from a knee injury as a result of a fall while she tried to escape a wheel spinning automobile lunatic in a parking lot.  It has been a while but she is making progress. She looks kind of funny with that knee brace thing strapped on to her leg. She is getting there and she likes the physical therapist better than her orthopedist.

Sandra Craft

There's a restaurant on my street called the Silk Thai.  Sometimes people ask where the "Silk Thigh" is.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 27, 2016, 02:19:05 AM
There's a restaurant on my street called the Silk Thai.  Sometimes people ask where the "Silk Thigh" is.

Well played on the name of that restaurant.  I drove past a Chinese restaurant once named,  Foo King Good.

OldGit

There's a Chinese place in Chinatown, London, which for years was called Lee Ho Fuk.  Then somebody must have told them, because it changed to Lee Ho Fook.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: OldGit on May 27, 2016, 09:11:57 AM
There's a Chinese place in Chinatown, London, which for years was called Lee Ho Fuk.  Then somebody must have told them, because it changed to Lee Ho Fook.

That's where the werewolves go to get their beef chow mein.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 27, 2016, 09:22:07 AM

Lon Chaney is still walking with the Queen, too.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on May 27, 2016, 02:27:44 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on May 27, 2016, 09:22:07 AM

Lon Chaney is still walking with the Queen, too.

...and his hair was perfect
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Velma

Quote from: Icarus on May 27, 2016, 01:03:18 AM
Hang in there Velma. Sixty degrees is two thirds of the way there.

My wife, Elaine, is presently suffering from a knee injury as a result of a fall while she tried to escape a wheel spinning automobile lunatic in a parking lot.  It has been a while but she is making progress. She looks kind of funny with that knee brace thing strapped on to her leg. She is getting there and she likes the physical therapist better than her orthopedist.
Hope she feels better soon.

My physical therapist tells me I am very determined and take instruction well. It is not hard to understand. I want to get out of here. Everyone has been very nice, but it is certainly not home.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan