News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Parts of Justin Bieber's song "Sorry" have been playing in loops in my head for the past hour or so. I've tried listening to songs I actually like, hoping that they might supersede this particular tune but to no avail. The blasted song goes on and on and on. And on.

:sad sigh:

Maybe it's due to me not having much to do today, an idle mind seems to be Bieber's plaything.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 06, 2016, 08:32:37 PM
Parts of Justin Bieber's song "Sorry" have been playing in loops in my head for the past hour or so. I've tried listening to songs I actually like, hoping that they might supersede this particular tune but to no avail. The blasted song goes on and on and on. And on.

Maybe it's due to me not having much to do today, an idle mind seems to be Bieber's plaything.

Someone told me that the secret to getting a song out of your head is to imagine it being covered by Bob Dylan.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on March 06, 2016, 10:46:05 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 06, 2016, 08:32:37 PM

Someone told me that the secret to getting a song out of your head is to imagine it being covered by Bob Dylan.

I'll try that next time I get that awful earworm. 

Asmodean Prime

Still stuck on useless 4G after some idiot with a back hoe dug over my fiber. :-(

At least I have a dual 100Mbps symmetric line at work, but I wants proper internets at home too :-(

Crow

Sweden has a 6 hour work day!
Retired member.

Asmodean Prime

So could I, but it wouldn't have stopped me from working 9-10 hours a day on average.

xSilverPhinx

Biggus Dickus

Hey, when is the ban on what's her name over, I mean it's gotta be two weeks by now isn't it?

You know who I'm talking about right? The older lady with the predisposition for Gifs?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

OldGit

Quote from: His Greyness the Asmo

At least I have a dual 100Mbps symmetric line at work, but I wants proper internets at home too :-(

I used to get 2.5 at best; in my new home I get 7, which is as good as I need. ;)

Crow

Accidental watched a clip on mass farming methods today. I have no idea how people can do that, it was worse than the stuff I have seen about prisoners of war and concentration camps, at least in those scenarios many of the soldiers and wardens had some degree of unaccountability.

Could make for a good study on brutal behaviour and dissociation seeing how widespread it is. It wasn't even the slaughterhouse side of things and it was seriously fucked up.
Retired member.

Buddy

I want to go for a joyride but there is nowhere to go.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Crow

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 08, 2016, 11:36:55 PM

The point of a joyride isn't to go anywhere specific. You just enjoy the ride on some good roads. Find the best road with lots of corners and camber changes, drive there, piss about on it for a bit then head back.
Retired member.

Buddy

Quote from: Crow on March 08, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

The point of a joyride isn't to go anywhere specific. You just enjoy the ride on some good roads. Find the best road with lots of corners and camber changes, drive there, piss about on it for a bit then head back.

That's the problem. The roads in this area are all flat and straight and littered with potholes.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 09, 2016, 12:14:48 AM
Quote from: Crow on March 08, 2016, 11:58:25 PM

That's the problem. The roads in this area are all flat and straight and littered with potholes.

Have you tried geocaching?  There may be hidden treasures out in those potholes.