News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

I still feel a sense of pride when I see the banner that I made for the HAF Facebook page still in use.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 02, 2015, 06:09:45 AM
I still feel a sense of pride when I see the banner that I made for the HAF Facebook page still in use.
Damn right!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

So, as of today I am officially homeless.

;D
No, seriously. I am moving up north where my parents live.
Decided to travel north by coastal ship rather then drive for three days straight. Now I am trying to sleep in a bed that is gently ( and hopefully it will not change to vigorously) rocking. It should be a relatively dull couple of days, unless some lovely single ladies board tomorrow. ;)
But the m/s Kong Harald at least seems a nice enough ship.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Will you be staying with your parents for a while or are you immediately going to start house hunting?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

I'd be hoping the lovely ladies would help me to get it rocking very vigorously indeed.

Guardian85

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 03, 2015, 02:09:21 AM
Will you be staying with your parents for a while or are you immediately going to start house hunting?
The job hunt will most likely take priority over house hunting.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Essie Mae

My upper left arm is swollen, hard as a rock, bright red and bloody painful since I had my pneumonia jab yesterday. Also I'm  slightly achy, cold and a little nauseous and not a little grumpy.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Essie Mae on December 03, 2015, 11:57:40 PM
My upper left arm is swollen, hard as a rock, bright red and bloody painful since I had my pneumonia jab yesterday. Also I'm  slightly achy, cold and a little nauseous and not a little grumpy.

Yeow.  I've heard bad shot reaction stories before, but that's definitely the worst one.  Hope it gets back to normal soon.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

I do so want to hold Davin in higher esteem than his answer to Tanks question: "No".  Cheating a merchant of a few pounds is not a victory, it is the defeat of ones integrity................  Merely an observation, no offense intended.

Magdalena

^^^

Yeah, Davin, give back the money, man!  ;D

(I'm sorry, Icarus, I couldn't help it.)  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on December 04, 2015, 02:19:20 AM
I do so want to hold Davin in higher esteem than his answer to Tanks question: "No".  Cheating a merchant of a few pounds is not a victory, it is the defeat of ones integrity................  Merely an observation, no offense intended.
I would (and have) give the money back past. As you say Icarus it has nothing to do with the fact the error won't really matter to the company. It's about doing the right thing by one's own standards.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Poor old Essie May.  I expect it'll clear up soon.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on December 04, 2015, 08:23:16 AM
I would (and have) give the money back past. As you say Icarus it has nothing to do with the fact the error won't really matter to the company. It's about doing the right thing by one's own standards.

Standards?
Retired member.

Davin

No offense taken.  ;D When I am faced with similar situations, I return the extra money, just as I ask for the money if I am the one that is shorted. The money should go to whom it belongs.

Here's a running unicorn I made:

Quote from: Magdalena on December 04, 2015, 04:06:00 AM
^^^

I would, but Crow won't let me have it!
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on December 04, 2015, 02:33:18 PM
Here's a running unicorn I made:

You're so talented.  :tellmemore:

Quote from: Davin on December 04, 2015, 02:33:18 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 04, 2015, 04:06:00 AM
^^^

I would, but Crow won't let me have it!
:secrets1: Steal it.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant