News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: OldGit on October 12, 2015, 02:47:57 PM
Crow bait?

He was spotted down at the beach harassing the tourist as usual.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 12, 2015, 03:35:36 PM
Crow bait?

Heheheh, excellent GIF! I'd like to think our Crow is above such things, but then . . .

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's a raven.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Velma

Did a scarily easy* "restore to factory settings" on my old Lenovo laptop. It is now ready to be traded-in.

*"Scarily easy" in that it was only a three step process. It took about three hours, so not a speedy process.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

Is Lenovo good? I was deciding whether to get one of those because they're generally within my budget, but settled for an pricier Acer instead. Time will tell whether I regret that decision.   

Asmodean Prime

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on October 12, 2015, 06:43:20 PM
Is Lenovo good?
Nope. Cheap and cheerful. Those sold here tend to have the worst material quality of all mainstream laptops, for starters. Also, they are not that great at pretty much anything.

Magdalena

My Lenovo desktop only lasted two years, and I didn't even use it that much. It was cheap, so I got what I paid for.  :(

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Ok, I had a feeling I wouldn't regret the decision.

Added to blacklist for future reference.

Magdalena

Quote from: Velma on October 12, 2015, 04:51:01 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on October 12, 2015, 01:00:48 AM
Quote from: Velma on October 11, 2015, 05:59:11 PM
I now have a Toshiba Satellite Radius with a 15.6-inch 1920 x 1080p touch-screen, harmon/kardon speakers, an i7 processor with 8 gb of RAM and a 1 TB hard-drive. It is an awesome machine. Unfortunately, it makes working on the unresponsive machines at work all the more frustrating.
Ha!
The computer I'm using right now is sooooo old that buying a Toshiba Satellite Radius with a 15.6-inch 1920 x 1080p touch-screen, Harmon/kardon speakers, an i7 processor with 8 gb of RAM and a 1 TB hard-drive--would be, for me, like going from a 1974 Ford Pinto to a 2015 BMW.  ;D
;D Hopefully you can get something better soon.
Well, right now I feel like those people who drive an old car, and someone says to them, "Hopefully you can get something better soon." And to make themselves feel better they reply, "Yeah, well, you know...it takes me where I need to go." That's how I feel about my computer right now: "Yeah, well, you know...it takes me to the Happy Atheist Forum...so...everything's cool."  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Guardian85

Quote from: Recusant on October 12, 2015, 04:36:13 PM
Quote from: Bruno de la Pole on October 12, 2015, 03:35:36 PM
Crow bait?

Heheheh, excellent GIF! I'd like to think our Crow is above such things, but then . . .

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's a raven.
As the hunter on the forum I can inform you all that that is in fact a raven.
And the best way to lure in crows is to put up a fake owl. For some reason crows hate owls and will gather in great murders (that is what a flcok of crows is called, by the way) to chase them off. That is when the hunter can start picking them off.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

xSilverPhinx

Seems like a pity to shoot them though, they're such intelligent animals.

xSilverPhinx

Next Monday morning I have to present a project in front of a judging commission, and already I feel like a bundle of nerves. Forget butterflies, it feels like I've got a freaking panicky pigeon wreaking havoc in my stomach. I'll only have 20 minutes (10 minutes to present and 10 for questioning) but it'll probably be the longest 20 minutes I've experienced in a while.

Buddy

So I just agreed to meet a guy for coffee tomorrow. Didn't find out until after I said yes that he is super religious. Coupled with the fact that I don't really want to go anyway I will have to try to keep my face from doing this

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 13, 2015, 02:50:13 AM
So I just agreed to meet a guy for coffee tomorrow. Didn't find out until after I said yes that he is super religious. Coupled with the fact that I don't really want to go anyway I will have to try to keep my face from doing this

Show up with a colander on your head.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on October 13, 2015, 02:54:39 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on October 13, 2015, 02:50:13 AM

Show up with a colander on your head.  ;D

Don't tempt me.

This whole experience has made me realise that I just need to learn to say no. I am so not used to people paying any attention to me so as soon as they do I get super uncomfortable and just say yes to get them to leave me alone. I feel like this is a terrible way to deal with people but I feel so guilty letting someone down. UGH I don't know how to adult.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.