News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: Amicale on April 07, 2012, 09:24:11 PM
Quote from: Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism on April 07, 2012, 09:18:38 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 07, 2012, 09:16:18 PM
Quote from: philosoraptor on April 07, 2012, 09:14:02 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 07, 2012, 04:24:59 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 07, 2012, 03:45:51 PM
You do know that signature image is way bigger than the example in the rules?  >:(
I changed the SPAM rule! What more do you want?  ;D

...world domination?
Ok ok apart from world domination!

*Done in a John Cleese styling as per 'What have the Romans ever done for us!' a la Life of Brian.*
Sorry I don't like spam.

who doesn't like SPAM??
Sorry I just don't like spam.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Buddy

Well. Shit. I just got bit on the face by a dog. ouch.  :(
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 07, 2012, 11:34:01 PM
Oh dear! Nothing serious I hope?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Yikes, I'm sorry! How bad's the bite? *hands you the antiseptic, antibiotic stuff and a bandage, and a muzzle for the dog!*

Hope you're OK!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 07, 2012, 11:37:55 PM
Oh dear! Nothing serious I hope?

I almost got a lip piercing. I'm lucky my mom's a nurse so no ER for me. Hurts like a bitch though.

Quote from: Amicale on April 07, 2012, 11:39:21 PM
Well. Shit. I just got bit on the face by a dog. ouch.  :(

Yikes, I'm sorry! How bad's the bite? *hands you the antiseptic, antibiotic stuff and a bandage, and a muzzle for the dog!*

Hope you're OK!

Thanks. Bleeding has stopped no I'm just sitting here with ice on my lip.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Thank goodness it's not to serious and no stitches!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 07, 2012, 11:52:18 PM

You and me both! 20 minutes later and many steri-strips later, I now look like a domestic abuse victim.  >:(

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 08, 2012, 12:04:24 AM

You and me both! 20 minutes later and many steri-strips later, I now look like a domestic abuse victim.  >:(

How did it happen?? Are you going to press charges??

T_T sorry that you got hurt... *hugs*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 08, 2012, 12:32:17 AM

I can't really press charges since it was my dog that did it. I went up to her for kisses like usual, and she just bit. No warning growl or anything. She hadn't been sleeping and she was aware of me being there, so I'm not sure what set her off.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 08, 2012, 12:43:02 AM

I can't really press charges since it was my dog that did it. I went up to her for kisses like usual, and she just bit. No warning growl or anything. She hadn't been sleeping and she was aware of me being there, so I'm not sure what set her off.

Oh, ok. I thought it was someone else's  dog.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Guardian85

Kinda scary. Hope she doesn't do it again.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 08, 2012, 12:54:54 AM

She may as well be someone else's dog. She is a Doberman, but she is honestly the sweetest and most mellow dog I've ever owned. She's never done anything like this before. I have no clue what set her off.

Sweetdeath

Kinda scary though... I like dogs, but they are still kinda wild animals, unpredictable like that..

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 08, 2012, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 08, 2012, 12:54:54 AM

She may as well be someone else's dog. She is a Doberman, but she is honestly the sweetest and most mellow dog I've ever owned. She's never done anything like this before. I have no clue what set her off.

She may have been feeling unwell. That happened to a family member of mine. He leaned in to give his dog a kiss, and although she was ordinary the sweetest, calmest dog ever, she suddenly lunged forward and chomped him right in the lip. It required stitches. It turns out her stomach was upset/she had some kind of disorder, and wasn't feeling well, so she suddenly snapped.

Has your dog been acting sleepy, lethargic, quieter than usual, off her food, sucky/sulky, anything like that lately? Or any new events/things going on that are out of the ordinary that could have made her jumpy and/or nervous?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on April 08, 2012, 01:41:57 AM
She may have been feeling unwell. That happened to a family member of mine. He leaned in to give his dog a kiss, and although she was ordinary the sweetest, calmest dog ever, she suddenly lunged forward and chomped him right in the lip. It required stitches. It turns out her stomach was upset/she had some kind of disorder, and wasn't feeling well, so she suddenly snapped.

Has your dog been acting sleepy, lethargic, quieter than usual, off her food, sucky/sulky, anything like that lately? Or any new events/things going on that are out of the ordinary that could have made her jumpy and/or nervous?

She has been having trouble getting up on my bed. She's 9 now, maybe her joints hurt.

*Edit- This is a bit awkward, but does anyone have any tips on getting blood out of a carpet?