News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What the fuck is wrong with being gay?

Started by ForTheLoveOfAll, March 02, 2011, 03:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

palebluedot

Sex is very important to Christians, especially Catholics

Infact, it seems to be quite a neurotic obsession with them.  The principle of celibacy in the clergy only fuels this obsession.  Who was it said "Public celibacy is private sin"?

Celibacy is of course not normal behaviour, or if you want to argue that infact it is, then it is no more absurd than homosexuality.

Being a celibate priest must make for an extraordinarily disfunctional world view.  Some have an unhealthy and unnatural view based on abstinence, whereas other have the same unhealthy and unnatural view based on illegal and immoral child rape.

Sex is similar to food in the pleasure it can bring - humans seek out pleasure as part of their make up.

The only people who are obsessed, one way or another, with food are anorexics and the morbidly obese.  In sexual terms this sums up the Catholic church.

Free-Being

There is nothing wrong with being gay because it is a natural occurance in nature. Dr. Dean Hamer discovered the gay-gene; meaning that people are born gay.

Religious people, however, argue that all people are born heterosexual and for those who are "gay" are just the unsaved ones.

Religion is bullshit and drives hatred.

I am heterosexual and I often find homosexual men and women to be more open minded with their ideas and opinions.

We are all Natures Children, not "God's" children, so we all should love eachother and treat eachother equally.

God didn't create men and women; men and women created him.

It's an overstimulation in the right temporal lobe, if I am correct. A way to releave the anxiety of death.

Take Care

Stevil

Quote from: Free-Being on September 07, 2011, 08:26:08 AM
There is nothing wrong with being gay because it is a natural occurance in nature. 
Well, actually, you don't need the because clause on this statement. Regardless of whether it is natural, there is nothing wrong with being gay
If a hetrosexual wants to experiment, then who are we to say there is something wrong with that?
Is it natural to fly in a plane, to eat with a fork, to watch tv...
Just don't ask the armish!

Free-Being

Quote from: Stevil on September 07, 2011, 11:38:40 AM
Quote from: Free-Being on September 07, 2011, 08:26:08 AM
There is nothing wrong with being gay because it is a natural occurance in nature. 
Well, actually, you don't need the because clause on this statement. Regardless of whether it is natural, there is nothing wrong with being gay
If a hetrosexual wants to experiment, then who are we to say there is something wrong with that?
Is it natural to fly in a plane, to eat with a fork, to watch tv...
Just don't ask the armish!

Hahaha, I won't ask the armish. Anyways, you are correct. . . I didn't need to add the, "because clause on the statement." I'm just very offended when others put down people for their sexual orientation.

You simply corrected my error- lol

Take care

Guardian85

What the fuck is wrong with being gay?

Fuck if I know!

Unless you have an agenda, and if you do you are not looking at it objectively, there is no problem with being gay.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Troll god

LGTB, need help?

When somebody debates you, ask them to do some "researches".

1-Compare the number of Christians in jail with the number of LGTB in jail. Then compare the percentage of the total Christian population with the percentage of the Christians in jail. Do the same with LGTB population. Christians in USA: Let say 80% circa, convicts who are Christians over 98%!! LGTB in USA >3%, convicts who are LGTB <0,5%.  ;D

This is just a beginning.

2-Ask them to mention one singular LGTB serial killer ever. Then ask them to mention one singular serial killer who was NOT a Christian. ;)

It is getting funny. Then we end with:

3-Ask them to mention one singular persecution made from LGTB against Christians. Then ask them if they have any idea how many persecution has been done from Christians against LGTBs.

:D

When they will look at you as fools of what they are, tell them that LGTB are much better persons than Christians. Tell them to go in jail, to be a serial killer or a persecutor of much better people than them.

And the trolling continues... ;D
IN INFERIS MELIUS EST REGNARE, QUAM IN COELIS SERVIRE!

not your typical...

Quote from: Stevil on March 03, 2011, 07:28:25 AM
Christianity seems to have a very unnatural and disproportionatly large focus on sex. They feel they get to decide when people can have sex, whom they can have it with, what positions they are to use. It's all a bit weird really. Some of the top clergy keep themselves celibate, for some reason, as if sex is going to corrupt them or something.
I agree completely. I disagree with most of the 'sex rules' of the Bible. I remember once in Christian school, we were told that oral was against the Bible. I said, "If you think that 69 is against the Bible, you can go to hell." That remark didn't go over too well.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

no_god_know_peace

Their is nothing wrong with being gay and I agree with you that fundies use weak and bullshit excuses. I really don't understand America's whole issue with gay marriage and gay rights in general, like you pointed out the bigots using excuses like "it destroys American values" that's a bunch of nonsense. I live in Canada and gay marriage is legal here and I have seen a few openly gay couples walk around etc. guess what ? IT HAS CHANGED NOTHING. It hasn't destroyed our values, it is still the lovely place I know it to be, we don't have an AIDS epidemic because of it and the sky didn't fall.

This idea that the sky will fall if the LGBT community gets rights makes these religious folks sound like chicken little  ::) ...

Pharaoh Cat

"The Logic Elf rewards anyone who thinks logically."  (Jill)

Asmodean

I wonder, what does it matter if people are born homosexual or not? They are who they are. A big, fat, fucking period.  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Asmodean on November 20, 2011, 04:55:28 PM
I wonder, what does it matter if people are born homosexual or not? They are who they are. A big, fat, fucking period.  ???

I've never thought it did.  To me the main point is, is it harmful?  Granted harmful homosexual things can be done, but the same is true of heterosexuality.  Neither of them is harmful in and of themselves, unless people subscribe to religious superstitions. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Fi

Quote from: Asmodean on November 20, 2011, 04:55:28 PM

Aauuugghh this this this.

I see people argue over this point from both sides, and I used to, and I realized how inane it was. I mean, yeah, it's completely unjustified to discriminate against someone based on their biology, and that's a valid point. But even if it were a choice, there's still really no reason to go batshit over it. I should be more careful; I don't want to end up implying that I think homosexuality is only okay because it's not a choice.

Ecurb Noselrub

In the past few years, two of my wife's grown sisters have revealed that they are lesbian (or perhaps b-sexual?).  One was married 6 times to 5 different men before she hooked up with her current female partner.  That one was curious to us all, as she never exhibited any such leanings before, and she was in her 40's when her current relationship began. The other one we've always suspected, but she was in a straight marriage so we weren't sure. Now she's come out - late 40's. 

xm1

I use to think that the problem with being gay is that if you have children you are possibly passing along a genetic condition.

And if this was true, then homophobe policies from the church has actually caused the numbers of homosexuals in western society to increase artificially over the past thousand years.  Because if you were gay, you would hide it by having a wife and kids and keep your gay hiding in the closet.

And additionally if you were openly gay, and the church converted you back to making children you were again passing along genes that favored homosexuality instead of heterosexuality.

Had this homophobic trend never occured in human history, the numbers of homosexuals would remain a stable small minority.  Because when you just let gay people do what gay people want to do, there are no children.  This is how it occurs in nature and why most of the time balance is the rule.

But all of this only means something when the population is desperate for reproduction.  We are clearly beyond that danger and our tolerance for non reproduction should be extremely high.  If you do not persecute opposite sex couples for not having children, you have no reason to persecute same sex couples who cannot produce children.  And you should definitely respect same sex couples who adopt children from opposite sex couples when their relationship doesn't hold together long enough to be parents.

And regardless of all of these things, we need a society that treats each of its members with equality, no matter what their genetics may be.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 22, 2011, 05:03:14 PM
In the past few years, two of my wife's grown sisters have revealed that they are lesbian (or perhaps b-sexual?).  One was married 6 times to 5 different men before she hooked up with her current female partner.  That one was curious to us all, as she never exhibited any such leanings before, and she was in her 40's when her current relationship began. The other one we've always suspected, but she was in a straight marriage so we weren't sure. Now she's come out - late 40's. 
Sad, is it not, that some people live half their lives - sometimes more - pretending to be something they are not..?

I don't really see the big issue with coming out either... A friend of mine did a very good job coming out to me. It just came up as relevant in casual conversation and he neither hesitated nor flaunted it. Just said something very close to: "Meh... I'm gay, so I wouldn't know" at an appropriate point and we carried on the convo. No drumrolls, no "we needta' talks", no avoiding nor showing off. Much like saying "I don't wear underpants" when its appropriate. It is a generally hidden characteristic, but when of relevance in conversation, why would a person expect to be judged based on it?

Well, one reason could be that far too many people are religious and most of those are idiots and another could be that some parents tend to turn asshole when their kids don't live up to expectations, but still... You are who you are. And to my opinion of a person, their sexual orientation matters as little as whether or not they wear undies, unless I'm trying to get into those, which is another story.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.