News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on September 02, 2023, 07:49:02 PMthat is simply sad.

It's been interesting and I think I'm getting on top of it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Work is getting thoroughly busy these days. I kinda' like it, especially given that the times are financially difficult for businesses like ours.

If I'm a bit more sporadic in my being-aroundness for the next month or so, that's mostly why. Also, Starfield. There will be a Playful Asmo review in a day or two. Slight spoilers: 6/10 as it stands, but I certainly can recommend it for the right type of player.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding..

As it is and was a second Wednesday I was making beer today.
Two x 23 litre vessels into about 60 750ml bottles.
I'm a pretty basic beer maker, yeast comes with a can which you add stuff to, but the yeast sachets are miserly, so I use two and next batch use some of the residue for the next batch, instead of a sachet of yeast.

Today I thought I'd try adding some of the trub, (beer brew residue) to some flour, Google says add some salt and sugar (sugar=yeast food)

I didn't do a lot squishing, though it'd probably be therapeutic, but beer day is a busy day.

I produced an interesting smallish loaf of bread, better than many I've bought that were supposed to be special. Maybe I could do pizza bases.
If you suffer from cosmic vertigo, don't look.

Icarus

^ The beer residue almost surely has some favorable bacterial activity. That might work pretty much like the leavening used in sourdough bread. No doubt some taste enhancement as well.

:beer:

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Icarus on September 29, 2023, 02:34:25 AM^ The beer residue almost surely has some favorable bacterial activity. That might work pretty much like the leavening used in sourdough bread. No doubt some taste enhancement as well.

:beer:

Yeast, much yeast.

Tank

Yet again the Middle East lights up. One has to wonder how the Palestinians accumulated, arranged and launched 5,000+ missiles under the noses of the Israel?

It was also worth noting the use of drones by the Palestinians to disable a Merkava main battle tank. Drones really are changing the face of warfare. They mean that an army must have local air superiority to succeed. 

The Magic Pudding..

I find all these "I'm not a robot" check boxes disturbing.
How must the robots feel, being forced to deny their nature or be excluded?
Perhaps if we treat them respectively now, they won't exterminate us later.
A bit of exterminating mightn't be such a bad thing though.

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on October 09, 2023, 09:37:55 AMYet again the Middle East lights up. One has to wonder how the Palestinians accumulated, arranged and launched 5,000+ missiles under the noses of the Israel?

It was also worth noting the use of drones by the Palestinians to disable a Merkava main battle tank. Drones really are changing the face of warfare. They mean that an army must have local air superiority to succeed. 
Local air superiority will not help against a DJI Mavic with a grenade strapped to it - or conversely, an RPG shell with some propellers attached.

I think anti-drone warfare will become a whole new segment in combined arms doctrines of many militarily-sensible nations in very near future.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

billy rubin

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on October 11, 2023, 10:24:11 AMI find all these "I'm not a robot" check boxes disturbing.
How must the robots feel, being forced to deny their nature or be excluded?
Perhaps if we treat them respectively now, they won't exterminate us later.
A bit of exterminating mightn't be such a bad thing though.

notice that its a robot that decides whether or not you are human

set the function, not the mechanism.

Asmodean

Who better though? Humans are unreliable when it comes to things' humanity. They see Jesuses... Jesi... Every fucking time. Totally looking it up... Tomorrow. They see them there in toast and doors and poo and even the clouds. They would certainly see a human in a robot pretending to be one while clicking on tiny pictures of a bus. :smilenod:
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding..

What is the HAF flavicon I see on a saved bookmark, a circle with a red bit at the top and a purple bit at the bottom and impossibly small words.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on October 13, 2023, 01:28:24 PMWhat is the HAF flavicon I see on a saved bookmark, a circle with a red bit at the top and a purple bit at the bottom and impossibly small words.

Would you please screen shot and post it thanks.

The Magic Pudding..

Quote from: Tank on October 13, 2023, 07:09:54 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding.. on October 13, 2023, 01:28:24 PMWhat is the HAF flavicon I see on a saved bookmark, a circle with a red bit at the top and a purple bit at the bottom and impossibly small words.

Would you please screen shot and post it thanks.

Tank

Thank you. I don't recognise that at all! Maybe Asmo will be able to help.