News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Tom62 on August 07, 2023, 09:04:13 AMThe poor cat has liver cancer. In a few minutes my wife will join me at the vet to say our final goodbyes.

I haz sadz :(

It's never good to part with a furry friend who you cared for.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on August 08, 2023, 03:24:50 AMThe days news revealed an astounding and monumentally stupid claim. The US women's soccer team loss to Sweden was because the  US team is too "woke".

That makes me angry beyond words. Why is my country populated by so many dumb bastards with shit for brains?

I was involved with women's sports teams for many years. I know from experience, more than most, about the guts and endurance of pain,the capabilities, and the supreme effort from women in sports. 

Ignorant bastards want to blame a legitimate loss on Woke??? Grrrrr!!!!

Un f'ing believable! Until you think about it and then you see...
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Had a discussion regarding the reincarnation of The Flying Deutschmann - Der Fliegende Deutschmann Zwei, as he's technically named. After being properly bullied for a bit over naming my cars, we got into a discussion of why I tend to refer to them as "he," when it's more common for dudes to anthropomorphise their cars in a more feminine direction.

I thought it was an interesting question, because for me that approach does not make sense. I have never owned a car that I wanted to stick my winky up the tail pipe of. What I do want us to do together, is to go working, take an occasional road trip, do some fishing, move a bloody sofa... All the things I would usually do with a guy. Thus, The Deutschmann is a he, as was Rusty the Old Rusty, Rusty the New Old Rusty, Rusty the Not-so-rusty and the first Deutschmann. (Though when I say "first..." The vast majority of my cars were some sort of German, and all the named ones were and are to this day) So yeah, maybe a Ferrari to go partying with or to show off at a beach front, with lines inspired by a woman's hips, maybe it may be a "she" of sorts. That's both out of my scope of need and budget, however.

Now, The Asmo does deserve to be justly mocked by petrolheads for His wicked ways, so have at Him! :smilenod:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MarcusA

This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Tank

I fucking hate jet lag. Three days in and still fucked.

Icarus

Jet lag is a misery. You are about eight or nine hours out of synch. Worse part is that you have to re-adjust when you get back home.

Try to enjoy the visit. Find a place to sample some authentic San Francisco sourdough bread.  It is Yummy!

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on August 10, 2023, 06:54:17 PMJet lag is a misery. You are about eight or nine hours out of synch. Worse part is that you have to re-adjust when you get back home.

Try to enjoy the visit. Find a place to sample some authentic San Francisco sourdough bread.  It is Yummy!

Day 4 today and feeling a lot better thanks. Went to Alcatraz today. Very interesting and not a little scary. And by coincidence had hot sourdough bread rolls with lunch at Harbour Fog, a restaurant in the Pier 39 area. Very, very good food indeed but not cheap at $180 for 3 people which was around what I expected to pay.

Before we came I bought a new camera, Panasonic Lumix TZ95, great little bit of kit. Got to Alcatraz only to find the battery was flat, my own fault for not checking. Missed a lot of good photos, curses profusely!!!  >:(  >:(  >:( 

MarcusA

The mind is the plaything of the mad.
This user has been banned for spamming the forum.

Icarus

What's on my mind? I have on my mind that this forum, with which I have become attached, has been fucked up by a person who posts ceaseless, senseless, meaningless, juvenile, horseshit one liners that only clog up the forum with nothingness. I am resentful.

I consider that my fellow forum members are my virtual, valuable, intelligent friends whose commentary I respect and admire.  Not so the recent offender! Must we continue to endure the ceaseless posts that obscure the posts from rational members who contribute to the general welfare of this forum?

Tank

hermes2015

Quote from: Icarus on August 13, 2023, 03:12:57 AMWhat's on my mind? I have on my mind that this forum, with which I have become attached, has been fucked up by a person who posts ceaseless, senseless, meaningless, juvenile, horseshit one liners that only clog up the forum with nothingness. I am resentful.

I consider that my fellow forum members are my virtual, valuable, intelligent friends whose commentary I respect and admire.  Not so the recent offender! Must we continue to endure the ceaseless posts that obscure the posts from rational members who contribute to the general welfare of this forum?

:cheers:   :daisies:
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dark Lightning

Quote from: hermes2015 on August 13, 2023, 03:57:59 AM
Quote from: Icarus on August 13, 2023, 03:12:57 AMWhat's on my mind? I have on my mind that this forum, with which I have become attached, has been fucked up by a person who posts ceaseless, senseless, meaningless, juvenile, horseshit one liners that only clog up the forum with nothingness. I am resentful.

:cheers:   :daisies:

Let that name drop to the bottom of the sea, folks! 8)

Tank

billy rubin

fuck no its not quiet over here.

ive got the coils, battery, transistor box, ground plates, dead man lanyard and toggle kill switch all in place on the LSR machine.

now i am attempting to quiet my mind so that i can connect all the circuits in a workmanlike fashion without screwing up.

the problem is that i would like to use british lucas connectors, as they are so simple, but the oriental pigtails on the kill switches have a smaller gauge and the bullets dont fit. and so the alternative is crimp on spades, which i have often used, but detest. th enew zealand transistor box also has small gauge wires, and like the idiot british electronic designers, also attaches the wires diectly to the circuit board potted inside the transistor box, instead of simply attaching a terminal strip outside. so once a wire is cut, it cannot be lengthened. this is a british thing. i have half a dozen perfectly good lucas alternator stators that are rendered useless because the wires from the inner coils emerge from the epoxy without a way to connect a new wire when they fail, and the lucas wiring hardens with age and snaps. just a simple screw terminal would solve the problem forever, but no, because british . . .

i am drinking some jet fuel at the moment before returning to the task.

set the function, not the mechanism.

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames