News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Recent posts

False, probably, I'm not sure.
I saw this interesting couple at the zoo

I interpreted it as a female regretting her life choices and a disapointed guy saying "hay, you used to love my effluvium"

The nxt has seen a capybara eaten by piranhas more than once on wildlife shows and thinks there're questions that need to be answered re the piranha related mortality rate of capybara when there's wildlife film persons about.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: Game: The Next Person... (...
Last post by Tank - Today at 09:08:24 AM
True. It has been bloody awful here so far this year and I finally got to go for a walk in a T shirt!

TNP has seen a baby Capybara?
Last post by Recusant - Today at 05:05:43 AM
Indeed, more than one of us has mentioned his absence, and it's a pleasure to see posts from him again.  :heyhey:

TNP is enjoying the change in seasons.
Laid Back Lounge / Re: what is the worst job you ...
Last post by Dark Lightning - May 10, 2024, 10:31:31 PM
In a book called "Venus on the Halfshell" by Kilgore Trout, There is a dog-like alien race, that in order for the Earth's ambassadors to deal with them needed to train their sense of smell. Training was available up to a Doctorate in "Anumology". The embassies were paying big bucks for all that education until they found out that there were people in the population who enjoyed such work.

Fun true story. I had eaten a beef and black bean burrito from Baja Fresh for lunch. The day after, I had cooked off a giant cloud of gas, and was getting up to escape the scene of the crime. One of my co-workers came in and commented that the beef stew smelled wonderful! :rofl: I didn't have the heart to tell him. Then I had to sit in that effluvium and talk to him.  ::)
Current Events / Re: "No Religion" largest grou...
Last post by Tank - May 10, 2024, 08:41:00 PM
Quote from: zorkan on May 10, 2024, 01:03:28 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 09, 2024, 10:48:01 PMThe 'Hitchens' effect?

Is that Hitchens's razor?

"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"

Not in this case. If you look at Recusant's post it's the synthesis of atheism in the American environment. A cycle of refinement that make atheists appear outspoken which means that only outspoken atheists bother to get involved in debate and around it goes.
Last post by Tank - May 10, 2024, 08:35:48 PM
:rofl:
Last post by Tank - May 10, 2024, 08:29:32 PM
True. This year in the UK has been unprecedented so far.

TNP is glad to see Bruce back :)
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - May 10, 2024, 07:53:55 PM
There is a product called Lume that claims that if you rub it on your privates and butt crack, at the end of the day your stink level will be 0 on a scale of 0 to 10, but if you don't it will be 5 on that scale. The worst job in the world would be the person who had to measure that stink level.
Last post by Ecurb Noselrub - May 10, 2024, 07:46:52 PM
True - wasting time on my back porch. No one else could have possibly beaten my record.

TNP has personally experienced climate change.
Current Events / Re: "No Religion" largest grou...
Last post by zorkan - May 10, 2024, 01:03:28 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 09, 2024, 10:48:01 PMThe 'Hitchens' effect?

Is that Hitchens's razor?

"what can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence"