News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Merry Christmas to all!

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, December 25, 2011, 04:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Merry Christmas from Texas.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Tank

Merry Christmas! It's afternoon here so still suffering from food overload!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2011, 04:49:56 PM

The feast at my house will start in about 2 hours.  We're doing Mexican this year, with fajitas, enchiladas, salsa, guacamole and sufficient alcohol to make it all digest properly. 

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 25, 2011, 05:05:20 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 25, 2011, 04:49:56 PM

The feast at my house will start in about 2 hours.  We're doing Mexican this year, with fajitas, enchiladas, salsa, guacamole and sufficient alcohol to make it all digest properly. 
Sounds delicious!

With the exception of the guacamole as I don't like avocados.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Ooooh Mexican sounds good. We had our turkey dinner last night and tonight we're going to a chinese  buffet.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

Family tradition: we had a fish lunch and we have the turkey about 7pm.

xSilverPhinx

Merry Christmas ;D

Feast was yesterday about 20 hours ago, still digesting...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on December 25, 2011, 04:43:32 PM
Merry Christmas from Texas.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.

Felice Navidad.  I'm still at home, but I made a big pot of chili, some cheese muffins and a Paula Deen recipe for "Santa's favorite cookies" which I'm taking over to my granddad's house as soon as I find something unwrinkled to wear.  Granddad always tells me he doesn't need anything (like that's even the point) but I figure he still needs to eat and amazingly enough he can still eat things like chili so he'll have a few meals that are easy to heat up. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

Here's my grandson Collin with his Christmas guitar.

Here's Collin with his new RC Helicopter.

Tank

Kids do make Christmas special  ;D

Recusant

Merry Christmas to you, Ecurb Noselrub, and to all here at HAF.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Guardian85

Merry Christmas (or whatever) to all! 

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Will

Merry Christmas, everyone! Fantastic Festivus, too!
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Gawen

This xmas wasn't merry at all. Not depressing, but certainly not merry. I spent 10 hours on the road (round trip) to visit, for one hour, an inmate at a rehab centre yesterday.

Today I am going to make a roast beef with carrots and pearl onions...mashed potatoes and REAL gravy...and green bean casserole and hope that next xmas is a better one.

However, I hope the rest of you (and MariaEvri especially - we're thinkin of ya) had a better day than I.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

OldGit

Blimey, Gawen, that sounds tough!  I hope the 26th was better.