News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Conspiracy Theories

Started by ConspiracyTheorist, December 21, 2010, 11:36:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConspiracyTheorist

Where are my fellow atheist conspiracy theorists at? There needs to be more atheists speaking out about alien coverups, alien bases on the moon, NWO, 9/11, and reptilians.

ConspiracyTheorist

Who else here believes in theory that the human race was created in a laboratory by advanced aliens? There needs to be more research done by top scientists to expose the ancient alien truth.

Whitney

i think  :bananacolor: is a conspiracy to flood the internet with awesome.

ConspiracyTheorist

What do you guys think about the tough evidence that proves we are part of a simulated reality?

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

THIS IS NOTHING BUT A REAL MATRIX

Whitney

Sophus

I have a conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories: Every conspiracy theory is a conspiracy.

Say that ten times fast.
‎"Christian doesn't necessarily just mean good. It just means better." - John Oliver

The Magic Pudding

I've mentioned this before, but I'll repeat it until someone believes it.

Isaac Newton was a weird bastard, messing around with all that alchemy stuff.
I think it is suspicious he spent years trying to make gold, then he supposedly gave up, and then;
"As Master of the Mint in 1717 in the "Law of Queen Anne" Newton moved the Pound Sterling de facto from the silver standard to the gold standard"
Obviously he was making gold financing Britain's rise to power, but he couldn't be too obvious about it...

I wonder if I could turn this into an internet scam?
The Nazis stole the Newtonian Codex during WWII, but it was lost on route to Berlin, until now.
Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for you I have insufficient funds to start the transmutation process.
Anyone interested in investing a few thousand dollars for raw materials?  You will reap a million fold return!

Recusant

Quote from: "ConspiracyTheorist"What do you guys think about the tough evidence that proves we are part of a simulated reality?

http://www.simulation-argument.com/

THIS IS NOTHING BUT A REAL MATRIX

Hello and welcome to HAF, ConspiracyTheorist.  I looked at the page you linked, and read some of the articles there.  I didn't see any "tough evidence" that we're part of a simulated reality.  Maybe I missed it.  What evidence are you talking about?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Oh sure, people conspire against people, governments against governments, governments against people and corporations against pretty much everyone for different reasons and with different gains in mind.

I don't usually discuss it though because most "mainstream" conspiracy theories are a load of rubbish and because I have little constructive to say on the subject beyond that.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Baggy

If you talk about this stuff too much  you know THEY will come looking for you, don't you!?  :idea:

Gawen

Quote from: "ConspiracyTheorist"Where are my fellow atheist conspiracy theorists at? There needs to be more atheists speaking out about alien coverups, alien bases on the moon, NWO, 9/11, and reptilians.
Oh....who cares about that stuff??

Everyone knows that "whitney" is a code name for an obscure un-named religious fundamental group who start atheist discussion boards to chart and track Christians that frequent the boards. These fundamental know that atheists are right but wish to gain intel on said Christians to make it easier for them to conquer the West (hint hint)

Using the ISP addresses, those in cahoots with the fundamentals can track down the general whereabouts of these Christians and then send out a big brown truck that looks a lot like a UPS truck. Sensitive equipment in these trucks can find the location of these Christian posters when they're online. An unsubstantiated rumour, but from a very good source has it that disease ridden TV Guide magazines will be sent to the unsuspecting Christians they track down.

Want proof? Wait for the truck.

Oh...and when you come down with some sort of disease like Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever...don't say I didn't warn you.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Whitney

don't be surprised if the OP doesn't return, he was on new post about conspiracy theories number 3 (all merged into here) when I asked that he stopped creating new threads.  The request perplexed him and he wanted to know "why in god's name can't he post more threads" (paraphrased) and I said because being a new member it looks like spam plus since we don't get a lot of conspiracy theorists around here one thread is enough until such a point where enough people take interest to justify starting new threads.

Heretical Rants

Quote from: "Asmodean"Oh sure, people conspire against people, governments against governments, governments against people and corporations against pretty much everyone for different reasons and with different gains in mind.

I don't usually discuss it though because most "mainstream" conspiracy theories are a load of rubbish and because I have little constructive to say on the subject beyond that.
"Yes" to all of that

Heretical Rants

The simulation argument:

...We don´t know if the technology is even possible, to start with, but what motivation would we possibly have to simulate a world such as this one?... and surely that would require a huge amount of work to pull off?

Davin

Quote from: "Heretical Rants"The simulation argument:

...We don´t know if the technology is even possible, to start with, but what motivation would we possibly have to simulate a world such as this one?... and surely that would require a huge amount of work to pull off?
Maybe the simulated environment is either harsher than reality, giving players a challenge. Maybe the simulated world is better than reality giving the players an escape from reality... pretty much like the same reasons people play video games nowadays.

The amount of work might all be handled by some programs instead of everything manually done by a person. I'm sure as technology gets more advanced, so too does our ability to offload work onto it.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.