News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

New to the forum!

Started by chadsaleen21, August 30, 2010, 11:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadsaleen21

Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm new to the forum, and a big fan of Bill Maher, and the late George Carlin.  Just wish the U.S.  could grow a brain like northern Europe and see where it takes us!

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, chadsaleen21.  While I agree that George Carlin was a fine comedian and great social commentator, I'm not a huge fan of Maher.  I like some of his stuff, and often agree with his stance on issues, but his perpetual smirk puts me off my feed. There's a certain smugness in his delivery that sometimes just gets to be too much. Just sayin'.
Again, welcome to the board!
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

chadsaleen21

well yeah he's not for everyone.  I just like his views on a lot of things.  Watch his videos on youtube, he has a good stance and perspective when being interviewed by religious people in the media.  I like how he's not afraid to say what he believes in.  We need more mainstream people like him.

pinkocommie

Welcome!  I like the both of them too - but I don't really look to either of them with any seriousness.  They're just funny!  I hope you like it here.  :)
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "chadsaleen21"Just wanted to introduce myself.  I'm new to the forum, and a big fan of Bill Maher, and the late George Carlin.  Just wish the U.S.  could grow a brain like northern Europe and see where it takes us!
That's weird, I was just bemoaning the lack of great atheist comedy seconds ago on another welcome thread.
Welcome chadsaleen.