News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Hello everybody

Started by chrisbellekom, September 01, 2010, 02:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

notself

The Communist party of Russia were called Reds.  Someone who is not a Communist but is sympathetic to Communism is called a Pinko.  This used to be a term of derision but many liberals have claimed it proudly.  I am a CommyPinkoLiberal myself.

chrisbellekom

Quote from: "notself"The Communist party of Russia were called Reds.  Someone who is not a Communist but is sympathetic to Communism is called a Pinko.  This used to be a term of derision but many liberals have claimed it proudly.  I am a CommyPinkoLiberal myself.

There must be some test on the internet to determine where I would be in your political spectrum... Here in the Netherland I would be considered economical right with left-wing humanist views (some would call that liberal, but our liberals are considered right wing)... Essentially I'd land somewhere in the Dutch middle. That would be extremely left wing in the states I guess. We even consider Obama to be right-wing  :raised:
[size=90]
===============================================================
"To you I'm an Atheist. To God I'm the Loyal Opposition - Woody Allen (Stardust memories)
[/size]

Asmodean

Hello from a far-right liberal democrat  :P
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

chrisbellekom

Quote from: "Asmodean"Hello from a far-right liberal democrat  :P

Aunicornist :-)

I had to google your world view... Am I correct to assume it is the flying spaghetti-monster theory you are biased to.

And remind me... we've met? Asmodean does ring a bell... but I've got the memoric capacity of a fruitfly.
[size=90]
"To you I'm an Atheist. To God I'm the Loyal Opposition - Woody Allen (Stardust memories)
[/size]

Asmodean

Met notself who your reply was directed to right here on these forums  :D

:pop:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "chrisbellekom"There must be some test on the internet to determine where I would be in your political spectrum... Here in the Netherland I would be considered economical right with left-wing humanist views (some would call that liberal, but our liberals are considered right wing)... Essentially I'd land somewhere in the Dutch middle. That would be extremely left wing in the states I guess. We even consider Obama to be right-wing  :raised:
In Australia the conservative party is called the "Liberal" Party, it's kind of Orwellian.
I refer to them as conservative here to avoid confusion.
It is funny hearing them talk of the Republicans admiringly, but the Republicans use liberal as a slur delivered with a derisive sneer.

humblesmurph

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "chrisbellekom"
Quote from: "Tank"I think this one should keep you usefully occupied for a while viewtopic.php?p=79574#p79574  :blink:
Well you did ask  lol  lol

Tom62

Welkom op dit forum, Chris.
It is nice to to know that another Dutchman found his way here.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

chrisbellekom

Quote from: "Tom62"Welkom op dit forum, Chris.

Thanks for welcoming me... I'll be joining the discussions in a while.
Great avatar... 42 wasn't that the answer?

Chris
[size=90]
[/size]

Tom62

Quote from: "chrisbellekom"
Quote from: "Tom62"Welkom op dit forum, Chris.

Thanks for welcoming me... I'll be joining the discussions in a while.
Great avatar... 42 wasn't that the answer?

Chris
Thanks and yes, 42  is the Answer to the "Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything".
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein