News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What are you doing right now?

Started by Dave, November 25, 2017, 07:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tom62

I just spent my entire monthly salary on paying invoices on-line. I will have to ask my boss to transfer some more money, because I'm completely broke.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Loading my new, seasonal, avatar (since we are now in the festering festive month.)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tom62 on December 03, 2017, 03:56:27 PM
I just spent my entire monthly salary on paying invoices on-line. I will have to ask my boss to transfer some more money, because I'm completely broke.

Terrible situation to find oneself in.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Sorry to hear that. I truly wish it were in my power to help somehow.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

Quote from: hermes2015 on December 03, 2017, 04:44:54 PM

Sorry to hear that. I truly wish it were in my power to help somehow.

I spend a lot on insurances, electricity and gas, as well as the costs of having to travel to the Netherlands (to apply for and obtain my new passport). I also had to pay the huge hospital bill, but I'll get that money back from my health insurance.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Thinking thst I have disvovered my favouritest hot drink - chocolate with a slug of Madeira in it. Smoother than adding straight spirit and has a tiny "sharpness" in the back taste that beautifully balances the initial sweetness.

Ecurb Noselrub

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on December 03, 2017, 04:23:03 PM
Loading my new, seasonal, avatar (since we are now in the festering festive month.)
I like it.
Is this you, Dave?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: Magdalena on December 04, 2017, 04:19:12 PM
I like it.
Is this you, Dave?

Yes, my eyes are not normally that scary but difficult take a shot like that without looking a bit weird.

Well, some say I am a bit weird . . . But, wtf, being ordinary is boring!

Magdalena

Quote from: Dave on December 04, 2017, 04:37:52 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on December 04, 2017, 04:19:12 PM
I like it.
Is this you, Dave?

Yes, my eyes are not normally that scary but difficult take a shot like that without looking a bit weird.

Well, some say I am a bit weird . . . But, wtf, being ordinary is boring!

Well, a lot of people say I am a bit weird...But, wtf, I agree with you, being "regular" is boring. When someone says I'm weird, I say, "Thank you."  :grin:

:secrets1: When someone says, "You are weird" it just means that you are, "A Limited Edition."   :smug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Listening to the podcast of a deconstruction of "Moby Dick" as a socio-industrial-religious allegory that owes much to the Bible and Shakespeare.

(Maybe some still think it is an STD.)

Dave

Part way through an intro to Python for Android and wondering if it will give me as much fun as I had learning BASIC on my Sinclair ZX81.

Icarus

Dave, do you know anything about the Udemy.com teaching outfit?   They have very modest prices for Python as well as several JAVA instructionals.