News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velma

Quote from: "Tank"
Quote from: "wildfire_emissary"They're naming him Lennon? That's awesome!
:shake:
Poor thing, that is a heck of a name to saddle a child with.  Maybe they will reconsider.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: "Velma"
Poor thing, that is a heck of a name to saddle a child with.  Maybe they will reconsider.
I hope so but they settled on it a while ago, I think I'll just call him John  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: "Velma"
Quote from: "Tank"I hope so but they settled on it a while ago, I think I'll just call him John  lol
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

pinkocommie

I don't think the name Lennon is so bad.  No matter what you name your kid, if someone is interested in making fun of the boy they'll find a way.  I mean honestly, if he gets called lemon, isn't that better than being named John and being called "shitter" or something similarly unsavory since (at lease in the US) John is another name for toilet?  Then again, my son has kind of a weird name so maybe I'm part of the problem...   roflol
Ubi dubium ibi libertas: Where there is doubt, there is freedom.
http://alliedatheistalliance.blogspot.com/

PoopShoot

Quote from: "pinkocommie"I mean honestly, if he gets called lemon, isn't that better than being named John and being called "shitter" or something similarly unsavory
tl;dr: at least he wasn't named "Lou".
All hail Cancer Jesus!

The Magic Pudding

Lennon is OK, but Vladimir would be better.

wildfire_emissary

My name is Lemuel like that giant in Liliput guy and my classmates called me Lemon. I agree with pinko. Whatever name you get, people are gonna find a way to give you another one that suit their subjective minds.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Tank

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"Lennon is OK, but Vladimir would be better.
I'll suggest it!  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

fleamailman

"...how the gods punish us with what we want..." lamented the goblin who, having closed the lid, had simply placed the laptop on the bathroom toilet, attaching the plug into the shaving socket to be safe, setting the ripped flv stream to play "the clash of the titans", whereupon, undressing, he slowly enters into the hot awaiting bath, thinking heaven held no secrets now as both the film and pleasurable hot water worked to sensuous effect on the then happy goblin, till he then  explained "...well I was happy at that point, only I had forgotten one minor detail here, that is, that water, for all intents and purposes, is actually wet...", an hour later a waterlogged goblin is sitting on the cold bathroom floor waiting for the film to end, where not doubt the gods were looking down laughing their heads off

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: fleamailman on October 04, 2010, 09:51:05 PM

My mother used to wear clothes like that, well probably not the gloves and hat.
What year did fashion freeze for Liz?
It's a good thing the royals have lost much of their influence, otherwise we all might have to dress like that.
I don't think I would look good in that colour.
Is it aqua?

Thumpalumpacus

Oh, you'd look darling in that little get-up.  Don't be so modest!
Illegitimi non carborundum.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Oh, you'd look darling in that little get-up.  Don't be so modest!

Yes I suppose you're right.

tymygy

Quote from: "The Magic Pudding"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Oh, you'd look darling in that little get-up.  Don't be so modest!

Yes I suppose you're right.

B-E-A-UUUUUTIFUL  :yay:
Quote from: "Tank"The Catholic Church jumped on the Big Bang as if it were a choir boy! .

fleamailman

(the goblin loves The Magic Pudding's avatar now, saying "...I love this site too, at least I'm not fighting writers anymore...")

the goblin doesn't have bad days, "...to be able to post means that it is a good day..." said the goblin, confessing that some good days were more soul-testing than others because there was little love lost between the goblin himself, his dailylife and the moneygod, in that what the goblin wanted was an impossible freedom, while what dailylife wanted was all so very reasonable but all so superficial too, while what that moneygod wanted was ones continued commitment to some cheap slavery, so the goblin was just trying to square this triangle then

wildfire_emissary

The Pudding is so... majestic!lol
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire