News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Just saw The Avengers

Started by McQ, May 06, 2012, 03:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McQ

I just came back from a showing of The Avengers, and can say it completely lives up to all the hype and the buildup, in my opinion. It was great. The most fun I've had at the movies in a long time.

I saw the regular version, no 3D or IMAX. I'll see that on my second viewing.

If you're thinking about seeing it, go for it. Best money spent at the movies this year for sure.
Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

Guardian85

Agreed. Very good movie. Great action, great charachters and some genuinely funny moments between them.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

MariaEvri

I live for the avengers (and everything iron man and thor)
They are my fav. characters but unfortunate;y i wont be able to see the movie in theaters... I'll just have to wait the dvd
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

Quote from: MariaEvri on May 06, 2012, 02:59:17 PM
I live for the avengers (and everything iron man and thor)
They are my fav. characters but unfortunate;y i wont be able to see the movie in theaters... I'll just have to wait the dvd
Why so?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ali

We're going to see it this afternoon! 

xSilverPhinx

I watched it too, I thought it was an excellent mix (love iron man's humour and the Thor/Hulk interactions.) Recommend it to geeks and non-geeks alike ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

QuoteWhy so?
I have no buddies to go with and I get panicked when IM in the crowd alone!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

Quote from: MariaEvri on May 06, 2012, 04:50:02 PM
QuoteWhy so?
Pity you can't take virtual buddies with you. We'd all go.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on May 06, 2012, 04:52:10 PM
QuoteWhy so?

We'd probably get kicked out for being too chatty  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 06, 2012, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 06, 2012, 04:52:10 PM
QuoteWhy so?

We'd probably get kicked out for being too chatty  ;D
We'd all be sitting there in a row with laptops on Wi-Fi.

Sandra Craft

I've been wanting to see this ever since I noticed Joss Whedon was involved.  But I'll definitely have to go alone, girlfriend won't go anywhere near things like this (which is fair since I won't go to romantic comedies).
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 06, 2012, 08:14:23 PM
I've been wanting to see this ever since I noticed Joss Whedon was involved.  But I'll definitely have to go alone, girlfriend won't go anywhere near things like this (which is fair since I won't go to romantic comedies).

This!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

It was great!  We really enjoyed it.  Some of the Hulk scenes were my favorite.

cgmccall

I brought a friend who didn't like the movies leading up to the Avengers--had to twist his arm a little.
He loved it.

Crow

I wasn't even interested in this film after watching the Thor and Captain America movies, but after hearing so many positive reviews about the film I went to watch it last night. I loved it.
Retired member.