News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Christians send death threats to Miley Cyrus over atheistic tweet.

Started by Guardian85, March 08, 2012, 08:35:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 14, 2012, 01:29:43 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 14, 2012, 01:16:36 PM
Amicale, that easily made my day.  :D

I'd like to see it as a poem.

:D That's a little above my pay grade here, plus I don't have coffee yet and I teach online in 20 mins. Thus, I get a 'get of of poem jail free' card.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on March 14, 2012, 02:09:17 PM

:D That's a little above my pay grade here, plus I don't have coffee yet and I teach online in 20 mins. Thus, I get a 'get of of poem jail free' card.  ;D

Poem is a scary word but short lines are easier to read from a screen.

In open fields of wild flowers,
she breathes the air and flies away
thanks her Jesus for the daisies 'n roses
in no simple language... someday
someday she'll understand the meaning of it all,
jars of clay.  (I don't understand the jars of clay)

and then she grew,
crap and a few very good things happened,
yet she opened her eyes,
saw the world as messed up as it is,
understood the meaning of it all,
astounded at how paper-thin it was
she ditched her simple, naive hope
Jesus would make it all better,
Ye ha, so became a secular humanist,
found HAF and found friends. - Amicale as clumsily adapted by Pudding, sorry, it could be tuned.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 14, 2012, 03:24:09 PM

and then she grew,
yet she opened her eyes,
found HAF and found friends. - Amicale as clumsily adapted by Pudding, sorry, it could be tuned.

I am going to find a poetry lounge and read that out loud.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Amicale, that easily made my day.  :D

:D That's a little above my pay grade here, plus I don't have coffee yet and I teach online in 20 mins. Thus, I get a 'get of of poem jail free' card.  ;D

jars of clay.  (I don't understand the jars of clay)

and then she grew,
yet she opened her eyes,

I love it, Pudding!  :D

Jars of Clay is a Christian alternative/pop/rock band that was really popular (at least in the Christian North American world, lol) when I was in my teens. The song I referred to is called 'Love Song for a Savior'. I'm sorry to say that at the age of 14, I heard it for the first time and unfortunately adored it. Sigh.  :P

Buddy, you should TOTALLY find a coffeehouse or poetry jam and just go for it!  :D

EDIT: And yes, I have definitely found friends here at HAF. You folks are awesome!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on March 14, 2012, 04:28:16 PM

and then she grew,
yet she opened her eyes,

I love it, Pudding!  :D

Jars of Clay is a Christian alternative/pop/rock band that was really popular (at least in the Christian North American world, lol) when I was in my teens. The song I referred to is called 'Love Song for a Savior'. I'm sorry to say that at the age of 14, I heard it for the first time and unfortunately adored it. Sigh.  :P

Buddy, you should TOTALLY find a coffeehouse or poetry jam and just go for it!  :D

That sounds like and Asmo band name.

There is a nice coffee lodge owned by my brother's best friend. Maybe that's the place.  :D  Not really, I would rather die than get up and speak in front of people.

The Magic Pudding

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on March 14, 2012, 04:28:16 PM
Jars of Clay is a Christian alternative/pop/rock band that was really popular (at least in the Christian North American world, lol) when I was in my teens.
Well, at least their name contains "clay"... There may be hope for them yet.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Firebird

I remember Jars of Clay. My college roommate was kinda into them. I think it was around that time when I first admitted to him that I didn't believe in god, and he was a bit dumbfounded. Not that he was religious at all, but I don't think he'd ever met an atheist before. Luckily it didn't matter; we ended up living together all 4 years of college.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Guardian85

Never heard anything about them. And I do not regret that.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

ThinkAnarchy

Prior to this I simply liked Miley for her beauty and her recent willingness to rebel against certain unjust laws. Now, I'm beginning to really respect her has a person. I'm very curious as to how her career turns out;

At this point though, it could have simply been her publicist telling her feeding her (or her twitter employee) this information and instructing her (them) to post it.

I'm continuing to hold out hope she doesn't go the way of B. Spears or any other number of the Mickey Mouse Club though.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

The Magic Pudding

Sweetdeath

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on March 16, 2012, 01:49:34 AM

Prior to this I simply liked Miley for her beauty and her recent willingness to rebel against certain unjust laws. Now, I'm beginning to really respect her has a person. I'm very curious as to how her career turns out;

At this point though, it could have simply been her publicist telling her feeding her (or her twitter employee) this information and instructing her (them) to post it.

I'm continuing to hold out hope she doesn't go the way of B. Spears or any other number of the Mickey Mouse Club though.

Which unjust laws?
Haha, I think she's already better off than brittney. She isnt pregnant trailer trash with a shaved head and abusive boyfriend. XP Yeah, ... Spears is crazy.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.