News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Favorite Comedians

Started by Ali, February 07, 2012, 01:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Is it bad that when I first read this I thought I said "Favorite Canadians"?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on February 07, 2012, 05:54:35 PM
Yes, but the fact that the thread had got to a second page should have indicated it wasn't about "Favorite Canadians".
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on February 07, 2012, 05:56:48 PM
Yes, but the fact that the thread had got to a second page should have indicated it wasn't about "Favorite Canadians".
I realize that now. :P But when it first popped up, I was confused for a few seconds.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on February 07, 2012, 05:56:48 PM

:D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Mocha Chief

McQ

Favorite stand ups and comedians, in no particular order - some alive, some dead:

Rita Rudner
Ellen Degeneres
Dara O'Briain (quicker than anybody, and best with the audience)
Myron Cohen
Woody Allen
John Pinette
Brian Regan
Bill Cosby
Rich Hall
George Carlin
Rodney Dangerfield
Bill Hicks
Steven Wright
Johnny Carson (yes)
Billy Crystal
Jackie Mason
Elaine Boosler
Roseanne Barr
Lenny Fucking Bruce

Elvis didn't do no drugs!
--Penn Jillette

hismikeness

Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Louis CK
Jerry Seinfeld
Jim Gaffigan
Brian Regan
Demetri Martin
Lewis Black
Mike Birbiglia
Kathleen Madigan
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Asmodean

Dave Allen, perhaps... Not all that into comedy - nice enough when I'm bored, but not something I prefer.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: McQ on February 07, 2012, 10:01:58 PM
Favorite stand ups and comedians, in no particular order - some alive, some dead:

Rita Rudner
Ellen Degeneres
Dara O'Briain (quicker than anybody, and best with the audience)
Myron Cohen
Woody Allen
John Pinette
Brian Regan
Bill Cosby
Rich Hall
George Carlin
Rodney Dangerfield

Bill Hicks
Steven Wright
Johnny Carson (yes)
Billy Crystal
Jackie Mason
Elaine Boosler
Roseanne Barr
Lenny Fucking Bruce

You, sir, have awesome taste in comedians.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Anne D.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Recusant on February 07, 2012, 01:07:18 PM
No mention of George Carlin so far. He could be profound and profane at the same time--a master.

I also like Bob Newharts's early work, as well as that of Jonathan Winters. More modern; Lewis Black. I also enjoy Eddie Izzard, and in a related vein, Dame Edna.

Don't forget our Minister for Kultcha, Sir Les Patterson. 

marengo

Nick Swardson, and let's not forget George W. Bush.

Anti-antidisestablishmentarianism

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 07, 2012, 01:38:29 PM
George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black. Laughed my ass off at Jeff Dunham the other day. But top of the list is Robin Williams!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USMvVRwjHYc
George Carlin, Lewis Black and Joe Rogan.  I almost forgot black until I saw you mention it.  They are or were all atheist more or less.  Only Lewis Black is undecided, and all he will admit to is that he is scared of dying because nobody really knows what the hell happens then. We all know what life is like.  This is the known.  Out there is the unknown. What would you rather stick to??
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire
"By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out". Richard Dawkins

Amicale

Quote from: Robert on February 09, 2012, 05:24:24 PM
Quote from: Guardian85 on February 07, 2012, 01:38:29 PM
George Carlin, Bill Maher, Lewis Black. Laughed my ass off at Jeff Dunham the other day. But top of the list is Robin Williams!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USMvVRwjHYc
George Carlin, Lewis Black and Joe Rogan.  I almost forgot black until I saw you mention it.  They are or were all atheist more or less.  Only Lewis Black is undecided, and all he will admit to is that he is scared of dying because nobody really knows what the hell happens then. We all know what life is like.  This is the known.  Out there is the unknown. What would you rather stick to??

Funny, that conundrum is the same one that kept people from stepping into lifeboats as the RMS Titanic was sinking. "I know what this deck is like! It's nice and solid, even if it IS at an odd angle.... details, shmetails... Out there's the unknown. I'd rather stick to what I know, even if it IS a sinking ship..."   ;)

Amicale

Whether you know the characters Jeff Dunham does or not, he's a real treat to watch. Amazing ventriloquism.

I especially love Achmed the Dead Terrorist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go