News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Evolution the myth

Started by Happy Forever, September 26, 2011, 11:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BullyforBronto

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:46:45 PM
Tank, I ask a simple question and your answer is not equivalent, read the question again.
Waiting for your answer (the evidence is in the right answer.

Tank's answer couldn't have been simpler:
QuoteBecause they have provided an evolutionary advantage to our ancestors.

Now, HF, why do you have eyes?

Happy Forever

Quote from: BullyforBronto on October 10, 2011, 07:44:58 PM
Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:42:06 PM
Complete your reply and answer the question, the substance you ask for is in your answer.

Why do you have eyes?

I believe he answered the question. Now, can you tell me why you think you have eyes?

Believe in whatever you want, this is a wrong answer.

As I said before, we speak here with science and logic and his reply is unrelated.

Evolution fears why, it uncovers its magic.

I ask why and he answers his own how.

All the best

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:46:45 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 10, 2011, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: Stevil on October 10, 2011, 07:34:50 PM
Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:24:29 PM
Don't you know That Allah is the Creator, you are His creation and you are the evidence of His great creation.
This is simply a bold statement, you must back it up with some substance.
I could easily state
Don't you know That Evolutions is the Creator, you are Its creation and you are the evidence of Its great creation.

Unless you provide some substance, it is useless talking to you.
Exactly.

Tank, I ask a simple question and your answer is not equivalent, read the question again.

Waiting for your answer (the evidence is in the right answer.
I have answered your question. We have eyes because we are part of a long line of organisms that have had better and better eyes, starting with the pigmented cells in the very early multi-cellular animals of around 600 million years, and still found in flat worms today.

Now please present your answer as to why we have eyes, and support your view with appropriate evidence.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Happy Forever

:)

Why do we have eyes?

I am still waiting for the right answer (it is very easy, you can ask your child and he will tell you the right answer by his pure nature.

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:55:58 PM

Why do you have eyes?

I am still waiting for the right answer (it is very easy, you can ask your child and he will tell you the right answer by his pure nature.
I have given you the right answer, the fact you don't like (or believe it) is not my problem.

Back in a couple of hours.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

BullyforBronto

OK, Happy, I give up. What's the right answer?

Stevil

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:55:58 PM

Why do we have eyes?
Because Evolution created them, so that we can see for our own eyes that there is no god.

Next silly question please

BullyforBronto

The "ask your child" response got me thinking. HF, are you waiting for someone to answer your question "Why do you have eyes?" with "So that I can see".

No doubt you will counter with some sort of teleological argument that posits the function of the eye as an indexical mark pointing to some overall purpose (read Allah's plan). Am I wrong in this assumption?

If not, what's your answer to the question?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:24:29 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 09, 2011, 12:55:50 AM
Quote from: Happy Forever on October 08, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
As I said, I have the strongest evidence on earth.

Allah says

If you want to use this as evidence, you'll first have to establish that Allah exists.  Then we can move on to the evolution of eyes, altho the use of Google could help you out a great deal there.

Don't you know That Allah is the Creator, you are His creation and you are the evidence of His great creation.

I know no such thing, and neither you nor anyone else I've ever heard or read has provided the evidence to prove it.  Or to prove Odin, or Zeus or Changing Woman for that matter.

QuoteWhich is prior to be believed? Your eyes or google?

That makes zero sense, but I'm going to chalk that up to English not being your native language.

QuoteSo know we can talk about the eye. Why do you have eyes?

Tank's already gone over this rather completely, which I think is generous of him given your refusal to do, or accept, your own research (which is both unscientific and illogical of you) but I'll toss in my own 2 cents -- why we have eyes is because we evolved in an environment that made being able to see helpful to survival.  

EDIT: Sorted quotes - Tank
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Happy Forever

Quote from: BullyforBronto on October 10, 2011, 08:17:55 PM
The "ask your child" response got me thinking. HF, are you waiting for someone to answer your question "Why do you have eyes?" with "So that I can see".

No doubt you will counter with some sort of teleological argument that posits the function of the eye as an indexical mark pointing to some overall purpose (read Allah's plan). Am I wrong in this assumption?

If not, what's your answer to the question?

I think you've asked a nice child.  ;D

Yes, this is the only right answer to why, this why from which evolution trembles.

Yes, my intelligent brother. I am here to know the purpose of everything and I want you to answer the why of everything but be sure 100% "why" will uncover evolution.
The more you find yourself try to quit from answering it, the more you become confident that evolution magic holds the freedom of your mind.

Yes, "So that I can see" is the evidence.

Happy Forever

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 10, 2011, 08:30:16 PM

why we have eyes is because we evolved in an environment that made being able to see helpful to survival. 

Thanks brother for your reply.

If you turned to my reply no. 121, you will find this statement:
(I will never believe that desire has a magical power, I follow science and logic only)

Is it your evolution? Thanks for making it clear, I will clarify it more.

Environment and survival like a bird and his female. His female desires a specific shape of nest and the male bird shapes it according to her fancy.

Man the blind who doesn't know the meaning of sight, dreamt that he can see so he wished, cried alot, environment his mother is so soft and cute and merciful told him, what do you want my baby? Man said, I want to see Mumy although I don't know what does this word mean. His mumy said "Oh babe, as you know nothing is done by itself so we will work together, you tell me what you desire and I execute.

Why do we have eyes, brothers?

Tank

Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2011, 10:19:02 PM
Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 08:26:57 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2011, 08:16:01 PM
Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 08:12:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2011, 06:17:40 PM
HF

We need to establish a 'base line' of understanding to progress the discussion. So I would like to know if you would agree that all organisms (excepting clones) are genetically unique? 

Everything in this life is unique, we are not products of a factory, we are the great creation of Allah The One.

Nothing is a copy of another thing. Every hair drop of rain is unique, every cloud tiny or big is unique will never be repeated in its shape or its path or its size or its time.  Every sand is unique in its shape and its size and its place and time. Every hair of you is unique not similar to any of your hair or others' hair, it is unique in its color or its shape or its size or its place or its time.....

Allah is The Great Creator.

Subhan Allah.
That's not what I asked. Please answer the question I asked or I think my paitience with you will start to run out.

We need to establish a 'base line' of understanding to progress the discussion. So I would like to know if you would agree that all organisms (excepting clones) are genetically unique? 

I don't believe in this false word "organism".
I answered every soul is unique, everythins is unique in itself.

I ask you to start discussion to define the concept of evolution. Or you discovered the fallacy of its name and its definition??

HF
Why is organism a false word?
HF
I have answered your question about why we have eyes. I would appretiate an answer to my question "Why is organism a false word?"

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 08:50:27 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 10, 2011, 08:30:16 PM

why we have eyes is because we evolved in an environment that made being able to see helpful to survival. 

Thanks brother for your reply.

It's sister, actually.

QuoteMan the blind who doesn't know the meaning of sight, dreamt that he can see so he wished, cried alot, environment his mother is so soft and cute and merciful told him, what do you want my baby? Man said, I want to see Mumy although I don't know what does this word mean. His mumy said "Oh babe, as you know nothing is done by itself so we will work together, you tell me what you desire and I execute.

Why do we have eyes, brothers?

Asked and answered, and we at least were courteous enough not to use philosophy and fables which have nothing to do with anything as straight forward as natural selection. 

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 08:35:11 PM
Yes, this is the only right answer to why, this why from which evolution trembles.

How in the world does evolution "tremble" from "we have eyes so we can see"?  It's just an extremely simplifed way of saying we have eyes because we evolved in an environment that made sight helpful to survival. 

Frankly, I don't understand what is "magical" about evolution and natural selection -- they're very practical mechanisms that we can actually see at work in the world around us, in insects with very short lifespans to give just one example.  And I'm still waiting for an answer to Tank's question about why "organism" is a false word. 

To be honest, I think this thread is just a smoke screen for preaching.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: BullyforBronto on October 10, 2011, 07:44:58 PM
Now, can you tell me why you think you have eyes?

That has more to do with this thread than any discussion on evolution ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 10, 2011, 09:14:44 PM
{snip}

To be honest, I think this thread is just a smoke screen for preaching.
Either that or an example of what an arab/Muslim education system produces, which appears to be quite frankly, horrifying.