News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Evolution the myth

Started by Happy Forever, September 26, 2011, 11:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happy Forever

Quote from: Stevil on September 30, 2011, 09:25:13 PM
If she is new to forums, and honest about wanting to dialogue or debate, then I hope she is understanding that we would welcome it but have not seen it from her yet. We need more information, more detail, statements backed up by some reasoning or facts.
If she tells us we are wrong then she needs to make some effort in an attempt to explain why we are wrong.

Thank you and thanks to Tank.

As I said, I have the strongest evidence on earth.

Allah says: "And (Allah) makes for you the hearing and sight and hearts, little that you thank"

Debate me about the eye. The eye tells us that it is a weak creature of Allah and cannot be evolved. (I will never believe that desire has a magical power, I follow science and logic only)

May you tell me why do you have eyes?

Happy Forever

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 08, 2011, 09:51:03 PM
If she is new to forums, and honest about wanting to dialogue or debate, then I hope she is understanding that we would welcome it but have not seen it from her yet. We need more information, more detail, statements backed up by some reasoning or facts.
If she tells us we are wrong then she needs to make some effort in an attempt to explain why we are wrong.

Allah says: "And (Allah) makes for you the hearing and sight and hearts, little that you thank"

Debate me about the eye. The eye tells us that it is a weak creature of Allah and cannot be evolved. (I will never believe that desire has a magical power, I follow science and logic only)

Happy Forever
Welcome back HF

The video link I poster explains why. Google David Attenborough and then watch the video again.  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 08:26:57 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2011, 08:16:01 PM
Quote from: Happy Forever on September 26, 2011, 08:12:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 26, 2011, 06:17:40 PM
HF

We need to establish a 'base line' of understanding to progress the discussion. So I would like to know if you would agree that all organisms (excepting clones) are genetically unique? 

Everything in this life is unique, we are not products of a factory, we are the great creation of Allah The One.

Nothing is a copy of another thing. Every hair drop of rain is unique, every cloud tiny or big is unique will never be repeated in its shape or its path or its size or its time.  Every sand is unique in its shape and its size and its place and time. Every hair of you is unique not similar to any of your hair or others' hair, it is unique in its color or its shape or its size or its place or its time.....

Allah is The Great Creator.

Subhan Allah.
That's not what I asked. Please answer the question I asked or I think my paitience with you will start to run out.

We need to establish a 'base line' of understanding to progress the discussion. So I would like to know if you would agree that all organisms (excepting clones) are genetically unique? 

I don't believe in this false word "organism".
I answered every soul is unique, everythins is unique in itself.

I ask you to start discussion to define the concept of evolution. Or you discovered the fallacy of its name and its definition??

HF
Why is organism a false word?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on October 08, 2011, 03:03:57 AM
I'm not aware of any claims in the "New Testament" about the age of the earth.  I also question whether the original authors of Genesis 1 and 2 really thought they were writing literal history. Genesis 1 is written in poetic, hymnic verse, and Genesis 2 seems more like a metaphor in its style.  I don't think you get into an actual attempt at history until about Genesis 12 (story of Abraham).  Even the story of Noah's flood can easily be understood as an embellished account of a very nasty local event, not literally a worldwide one. In any event, it doesn't matter what Paul or John thought about the age of the earth. The issue for a Christian is whether the account of Jesus is based in history, and the point of my post is that the age of the earth and Darwinian evolution don't impact that issue at all.
There's plenty of evidence from non-canonical early Christian writings as to how old they viewed the Earth as being. As well as them believing that the Earth was at the centre of the universe. What Christian writings made it into the NT and which were rejected was a fairly political decision taken in the late fourth century, so I personally don't see the rejected scripture as being inherently less valid than the accepted books. Plus Jesus talks about unhistorical events like the flood in the accepted gospels.

As to when we start to see history in the Bible, I can't see any evidence of a historical Abraham, Noah or Moses, and personally I'd question the historicity of most of both the Old and New Testaments.

But you're right that evolution doesn't inherently negate Jesus or Christianity, but your god doesn't have any stronger a case for having created the universe than Zeus, Mithras or the FSM. I just have to wonder why he didn't reveal more useful and accurate information to his prophets and followers.

Gawen

Frankly, the subject of Jesus's historicity does not belong in this forum. Nor does speculation of Biblical exegesis not specifically pertaining to evolution. Why this muddying of the waters?

Is evolution a myth? Let the unbelievers tell us why so that those who know evolution is not just theory may show them how it is so.

Please.

Sorry, my curmudgeoness is showing through. I can't stand wading through pages of off tangent posts that have nothing to do with the topic.  I feel bad for saying it, but c'mon...
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Sandra Craft

Allah says

If you want to use this as evidence, you'll first have to establish that Allah exists.  Then we can move on to the evolution of eyes, altho the use of Google could help you out a great deal there.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Happy Forever

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 09, 2011, 12:55:50 AM

Allah says

If you want to use this as evidence, you'll first have to establish that Allah exists.  Then we can move on to the evolution of eyes, altho the use of Google could help you out a great deal there.

Don't you know That Allah is the Creator, you are His creation and you are the evidence of His great creation.

Which is prior to be believed? Your eyes or google?

So know we can talk about the eye. Why do you have eyes?

Happy Forever

Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2011, 10:09:42 PM

Happy Forever
Welcome back HF

The video link I poster explains why. Google David Attenborough and then watch the video again.  ;D

No brother, this video is for how and I ask you why.

Why do you have eyes?

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:24:29 PM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on October 09, 2011, 12:55:50 AM

Allah says

If you want to use this as evidence, you'll first have to establish that Allah exists.  Then we can move on to the evolution of eyes, altho the use of Google could help you out a great deal there.

Don't you know That Allah is the Creator, you are His creation and you are the evidence of His great creation.

Which is prior to be believed? Your eyes or google?

So know we can talk about the eye. Why do you have eyes?

HF

What I have highlighted constitutes preaching by the forum rules. You have been cut a lot of slack as it is is patently obvious that you lack knowledge and experience in debate and discussion techniques. But I am asking you to not preach here again or I will suspend your posting rights for 30 days, and that will be your last chance.

Tank

Tank

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:28:21 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2011, 10:09:42 PM

Happy Forever
Welcome back HF

No brother, this video is for how and I ask you why.

Why do you have eyes?
Because they have provided an evolutionary advantage to our ancestors.

Stevil

This is simply a bold statement, you must back it up with some substance.
I could easily state
Don't you know That Evolutions is the Creator, you are Its creation and you are the evidence of Its great creation.

Unless you provide some substance, it is useless talking to you.

Tank

Quote from: Stevil on October 10, 2011, 07:34:50 PM
I could easily state
Don't you know That Evolutions is the Creator, you are Its creation and you are the evidence of Its great creation.

Exactly.

Happy Forever

Complete your reply and answer the question, the substance you ask for is in your answer.

Why do you have eyes?

BullyforBronto

Quote from: Happy Forever on October 10, 2011, 07:42:06 PM
Complete your reply and answer the question, the substance you ask for is in your answer.

Why do you have eyes?

I believe he answered the question. Now, can you tell me why you think you have eyes?

Happy Forever

Quote from: Tank on October 10, 2011, 07:39:35 PM
Quote from: Stevil on October 10, 2011, 07:34:50 PM
I could easily state

Exactly.

Tank, I ask a simple question and your answer is not equivalent, read the question again.

Waiting for your answer (the evidence is in the right answer.