Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What food brings your mood up?

Started by Sweetdeath, May 28, 2011, 05:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smd6290

Quote from: supersoldier on May 29, 2011, 11:08:45 PM
Chesapeake Bay Crabs!!!

I just had to 2nd this option. Orginially from Maryland, now in FL. so don't get them very often. We do have a place, nearby, that makes the Maryland style crabs. So yes, that would bring up my mood all right.

Cindy

Tank

Quote from: smd6290 on June 20, 2011, 06:15:05 PM
Chesapeake Bay Crabs!!!

I just had to 2nd this option. Orginially from Maryland, now in FL. so don't get them very often. We do have a place, nearby, that makes the Maryland style crabs. So yes, that would bring up my mood all right.

Cindy

They must be good to make you sign up to a forum just to agree!! Must try and get my hands on some :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Jabbles

I am certainly a fan of good food, so a good meal will put me in a good meal. That being said there aren't really specific foods that raise my mood except for Sushi. I don't get to have it too often so it's usually a mood booster.

A little off topic but I did have quite the fun food day about a year ago. Along with a few friends we decided to see how many different meats(animals) we can eat in one day. We think we may have broken some sort of record. That is certainly a mood booster. Here is out list.

Chicken
Turkey
Beef
Pork
Quail
Goat
Shrimp
Eel
Uni(Sea Urchin)
Tuna
Scallop
Octopus
Squid
Clam
Oyster
Turtle
Cuttlefish
Kangaroo
Camel
Lobster
Squab
Partridge
Muskox
Elk
Caribou
Guinea Fowl
Pheasant
Crayfish
Conch
Alligator
Venison
Water Buffalo
Ostrich
Duck
Bison
Maguey Grub (Tequila worm)
Frog
Crab
Abalone
Snail
Mussel
Rabbit
Lamb
Sea Cucumber

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Jabbles on June 21, 2011, 01:33:26 AM
I am certainly a fan of good food, so a good meal will put me in a good meal.

Are you a captive of some cannibalistic cult or are you happy with the arrangement?

Jabbles

Will

Pumpkin soup on Halloween. There's nothing like having a warm bowl of starchy soup to keep the cold away and the perfect blend of spices that time of year makes me feel festive and comforted.

New Orleans barbecue shrimp with warm, crusty French bread is another. The buttery, tangy, savory sauce mixed with the fresh shrimp is so flavorful and delicious, and soaking up the excess sauce with the soft bread is a transcendent experience.

The Shooter's Sandwich has become an internet legend as one of the most wonderful things one can eat. Last year when the recipe came out, I made it myself and I was high off the sandwich for days before I came down. It's hot and doughy and savory and if I keep writing about it I'm going to have to go make one so I'll stop.

Salt and Pepper Pistachios from Costco aren't even fair. You get a bag that's the size of your arm, and without meaning do, the entire bag is empty in about an hour and you're left wondering how it's legal for food to be that amazing. They have that wonderful salted pistachio taste everyone loves (yes, you love it, too), but they also have this added kick of freshly ground black pepper that takes them beyond what you've experienced. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't, but with salt and pepper pistachios, you feel like Thor during a hurricane.

Finally, there is pure extravagance in the form of Duck Breast With Fig Sauce. You don't even understand. You just... can't. It's an experience perhaps beyond explanation. It's so good, you'll question your very sanity at the simple smell of the dish. Being in its presence will leave you dazed and confused, desperately clawing at the walls of your own perception for a rational explanation as to the sensations that surround your soul. Then, daring not to even reflect on your actions, you'll take your fork and knife and remove a piece of this golden slice of the universe, and ingest it, becoming one with all that ever has been, is, and ever will be. Total and complete understanding will transform to everlasting peace as you chew, allowing the essence of what it is to be sentient roll over your tongue. As you swallow, your inner most self will be made tangible and the foundation upon which it will sit is the culmination of all thought in the cosmos.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Sweetdeath

Pumpkin soup??  That sounds so good!

I wonder if it goes well with pumpkin beer? XD
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 23, 2011, 05:50:25 PM

I think the functional word there is beer!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

smd6290

Quote from: Tank on June 20, 2011, 06:21:09 PM
Quote from: smd6290 on June 20, 2011, 06:15:05 PM
Chesapeake Bay Crabs!!!

Cindy

They must be good to make you sign up to a forum just to agree!! Must try and get my hands on some :)

Actually I signed up on June 1st. Just my first post. I lurk  and learn alot. But yes, blue crab is the best, at least imo.

hismikeness

Quote from: Will on June 23, 2011, 05:19:16 AM
The Shooter's Sandwich has become an internet legend as one of the most wonderful things one can eat. Last year when the recipe came out, I made it myself and I was high off the sandwich for days before I came down. It's hot and doughy and savory and if I keep writing about it I'm going to have to go make one so I'll stop.

That Shooter Sandwich looks fantastic. After I try to make the Bacon Explosion I'll have to give that a try.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Will

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 23, 2011, 05:50:25 PM

It really, really does. I also like pumpkin ravioli.
I want bad people to look forward to and celebrate the day I die, because if they don't, I'm not living up to my potential.

Sweetdeath

Ohmygooosh, Will. I never knew of such pumpkins delights. <3

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

MiiriChan

Sweetdeath

Also, Tuna on toasted wheat with looots of onions!   *breathes on everyone* xD

Melmoth

Lot's of talk of pumpkins going on, I've noticed, so I needn't mention them again.

Lamb. Roast lamb, roast veg and if gravy could be roasted I'd have that too.

I quite like lamb hearts, chopped up and grilled, with some mashed spud and boiled cabbage to go with, if only to relish the look on housemate's faces when I offer them some.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.