News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What food brings your mood up?

Started by Sweetdeath, May 28, 2011, 05:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

Lamb heart? Ooh, can you just buy those at the market?  :o
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Melmoth

Sometimes, or you can go to a butcher, or you can get them in the frozen meat section of a lot of supermarkets. It's a bit like liver, only it's sweeter and doesn't have that unpleasant, slightly acidic after-taste.
"That life has no meaning is a reason to live - moreover, the only one." - Emil Cioran.

Sweetdeath

Perhaps i'd try it, but only if the animal is killed humanely.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Hidelight

Ok emotionally
home made fried chicken...freshly cooked mashed potatoes...pan gravy ...roasted corn and seasonal fruit crisp....we do raise our own flock let them run wild  and they forrage and eat they desire....they are our roto tiiler  scratching and cleaning our vagetable beds...eat fallen fruits nuts and seedas well as bugs and worms...great mousers!...I highly rec a flock or few chickens (they are being allowed in more and more places even urban) if my only choice was chicken from the grocery store...no way
This makes me go fetal,suck my thumb twirl my hair and want a nap...but it for sure gives me a fatting comfort buzz!

Physically
Nothing lifts me physically up...gives me energy and sharpens my brain like a fresh shot of wheatgrass juice with a slice of lemon
It takes a little getting used to flavor wise but on work days this is my manna of life

Oh yeah a perfectly made cup of really good coffee

Ihateyoumike

Any type of meat as long as it's cooked over a campfire. Of course bacon ranks #1 in this category as well.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Whitney

I really like blue cheese and hummus (not together....or at least I haven't tried making blue cheese hummus yet and it doesn't sounds like it would mix well).

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Whitney on August 17, 2011, 12:46:39 AM
I really like blue cheese and hummus (not together....or at least I haven't tried making blue cheese hummus yet and it doesn't sounds like it would mix well).

Hummus with carrot sticks are the best!

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Free-Being

Sweetdeath

^  Especially when its double layered.   ;D

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 23, 2011, 06:54:38 PM
^  Especially when its double layered.   ;D
Or grated into double cream  :P
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cerulean

Assuming we are not all pods who don't need to eat, what is your favorite comfort food?

Aside from the ever-popular macaroni & cheese (but only homemade, from scratch, with at least two kinds of cheese, and with butter-soaked panko bread crumbs spread liberally on top) and the not-so-popular fried chicken livers, I am about to have my third most favorite.

Slices of ciabbatta or pugliese with sauteed onions and gruyere cheese on top, set under the broiler to make the cheese all bubbly and delicious. The fact that it's a rainy Saturday night makes it taste even better!

So, what makes you feel all warm and cozy and happy?

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Cerulean on January 08, 2012, 01:02:40 AM
So, what makes you feel all warm and cozy and happy?

Aside from the already mentioned mac & cheese (which I wish I could make the way my Dad did), I'd say a tuna sandwich with dill pickles and a cup of hot tea.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Ecurb Noselrub

It needs to be warm and milk-based, like warm milk with honey and cinnamon or toasted bread with butter and melted cheese.