Happy Atheist Forum

How to add an image to your posts.

Icarus

• The wise one.
Re: How to add an image to your posts.
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2020, 02:09:34 AM »
I will post some pix as time goes by.  My pictures will be primitive compared to the brilliant photographs that some of our HAFers share.  I will use (try to use) pix to illustrate some sort of idea only. 

Oddly, in the past dark ages, I was a photography enthusiast with a good darkroom and have spent a lot of time with film.  The new digital method is light years ahead of anything that I might have done with film.  Oh well I still have some decent, for its day, 35 mm cameras and lens and filters and all that kind of now useless goodies.  I need that stuff like I need a paper ass.

My area of interest was mostly in high contrast B&W.  I was disappointed to learn that Ansel Adams I ain't. What the hell, I even had a huge view camera and a big 4x5 Speed Graphic. My damned I phone can now take better pictures.  All that was fun while it lasted.

Tank

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2020, 04:06:51 AM »
I will post some pix as time goes by.  My pictures will be primitive compared to the brilliant photographs that some of our HAFers share.  I will use (try to use) pix to illustrate some sort of idea only. 

Oddly, in the past dark ages, I was a photography enthusiast with a good darkroom and have spent a lot of time with film.  The new digital method is light years ahead of anything that I might have done with film.  Oh well I still have some decent, for its day, 35 mm cameras and lens and filters and all that kind of now useless goodies.  I need that stuff like I need a paper ass.

My area of interest was mostly in high contrast B&W.  I was disappointed to learn that Ansel Adams I ain't. What the hell, I even had a huge view camera and a big 4x5 Speed Graphic. My damned I phone can now take better pictures.  All that was fun while it lasted.

Every picture has worth. It captures a story and tells a story of the person behind the camera. Can't wait to see more  :)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
“Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt.” ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2020, 04:20:54 AM »

I did the same, Icarus. Yes, one of the people I tried to emulate was indeed the great Ansel Adams; I even adopted his Zone System, as I am sure you did as well, but to no avail! I remained a bumbling amateur.
“Who is to say that pleasure is useless?”
― Charles Eames