News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

All of you are on my mind. All of you are always on my mind. But Icarus has been on my mind lately. Things in Florida are bad right now. Stay safe, my friends.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

No one

I've said it before, I have energizing crystals, also I have put salt around the perimeter of my dwelling. The evil 19 is powerless against such a combination.

billy rubin

yes.

everybody use common sense, okay?

try not to do stupid stuff

set the function, not the mechanism.

Randy

Quote from: billy rubin on July 18, 2020, 02:30:26 PM
yes.

everybody use common sense, okay?

try not to do stupid stuff
Now he tells me! I've been doing stupid stuff all my life!
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Icarus

Thank you for your concern Mags.  You are a sweetheart. (don't tell your husband that I said that)

I have become a hermit of sorts and seldom leave home.  I have enough maintenance work on my house to keep me busy and at home for a long time. Currently, I have to remove 13 interior doors for sanding and re-varnishing.  That'll take a while and is sure to keep me away from smoke filled saloons and miscellaneous bawdy houses where the risk is high. 

We have a sufficient number of local dunderheads who refuse to wear a mask.  None of them come even close to me.  The majority of our citizens are observing the common sense methods with masks, distancing, hand washing and all the rest.

I reach out to my HAF friends and urge them to be damned careful about exposing themselves to the virus.

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on July 19, 2020, 05:43:13 AM
Thank you for your concern Mags.  You are a sweetheart. (don't tell your husband that I said that)
:snicker:

Quote from: Icarus on July 19, 2020, 05:43:13 AM
I have become a hermit of sorts and seldom leave home.  I have enough maintenance work on my house to keep me busy and at home for a long time. Currently, I have to remove 13 interior doors for sanding and re-varnishing.  That'll take a while and is sure to keep me away from smoke filled saloons and miscellaneous bawdy houses where the risk is high. 

We have a sufficient number of local dunderheads who refuse to wear a mask.  None of them come even close to me.  The majority of our citizens are observing the common sense methods with masks, distancing, hand washing and all the rest.

I reach out to my HAF friends and urge them to be damned careful about exposing themselves to the virus.
Good to hear you are doing well.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Recusant

Quote from: No one on July 18, 2020, 07:01:22 AM
I've said it before, I have energizing crystals, also I have put salt around the perimeter of my dwelling. The evil 19 is powerless against such a combination.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Randy

Starbucks Frappuccino: It is the only drink I like right now. Maybe after chemo is done (which I hope not soon) my taste will return and other things will taste good again.

It comes in 9oz and a 13.7oz bottles. There are various flavors. My caretaker just brought to me a caramel flavored one. Ah, the nectar of the flying spaghetti monster. :not worthy: Well, actually that's beer but I can't have that yet so I'm substituting. I'm sure his holy meatballs will understand.

When I get to the afterlife it will have a beer volcano with nobody telling me I can't drink anymore. I don't know if it will have bottled Starbucks Frappuccinos but plenty of beer to be had. :drink:
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Sandra Craft

Quote from: No one on July 18, 2020, 07:01:22 AM

I can't do crystals, and they're too expensive anyway, but I can salt the perimeter.  I have an extra box of Morton's.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

jumbojak

I went out with a girl who is into crystals. They're surprisingly affordable...

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Randy

I went out with a girl who was into salt. Salt is pretty cheap.

(No, I didn't but it seemed to fit.)

xSilverPhinx

I'm starting to believe my computer and I are telepathically connected. Last night I would repeatably get the [dark ominous music]Black Screen of Death[/dark ominous music] before the Windows logo appeared. Suffice to say I was a teeny weeny bit worried. I nudged my computer, gently at first, and thought I heard of squeak of complaint. Like it wanted to continue sleeping or something, I don't know...I don't get computers.

So of course I spent practically all night awake and thinking that in the morning I was going to jam a hammer right through the screen if it didn't improve its behaviour. Tossed and turned all night thinking about that, I did. Turns out this morning the first thing I did when I jumped out of bed was to turn it on and Voilà! No  [dark ominous music]Black Screen of Death[/dark ominous music]!  ;D I was elated because I wouldn't have to spend loads of money to buy a new one. 

People say positive thinking can have an effect on events. I say, if that is true*, negative thoughts have just as much. :grin:

*I don't think it's true.  ;)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Randy

I was a computer programmer / software engineer or whatever they call us now in my former life. Getting the [ominous music]black screen of death[/ominous music] was just as frustrating. I threatened to get a screwdriver and take it apart every time. Eventually it cooperated with me.

No one

Covid-19 and the entitled twatwaffles that spread it!

Tom62

Quote from: Randy on July 24, 2020, 02:18:35 PM
I was a computer programmer / software engineer or whatever they call us now in my former life. Getting the [ominous music]black screen of death[/ominous music] was just as frustrating. I threatened to get a screwdriver and take it apart every time. Eventually it cooperated with me.

Those Windows screens of death used to be blue. On my Mac I've had the occasional spinning beachball. That is perhaps more elegant, but frustration as hell as well.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein