News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billy rubin

alternatively, because you might as well. there's lots of people making it worse for everybody. no reason to let them have all the say.

set the function, not the mechanism.

Tank

Quote from: Magdalena on June 08, 2020, 11:04:14 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 08, 2020, 09:18:24 PM
Fuck everybody fuck everything I fucking don't know why I fucking bother sometimes.
:oooh-me!:
I know why.
Because you have a beautiful, kind heart and the world needs people like you otherwise the world would be even more fucked up. That's why you bother sometimes.

:hug: :love:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: billy rubin on June 09, 2020, 12:54:00 AM
alternatively, because you might as well. there's lots of people making it worse for everybody. no reason to let them have all the say.

:snicker1:
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ecurb Noselrub

This thread made it to 1000 pages. The first post asked "is this a good idea?"  Apparently, it was.

Randy

Therapy. It's been on my mind all weekend really. I have an appointment at 1:30pm today and I haven't a clue as to what to talk about. Not much happens in my little world. This may be a short session.  :-\
"Maybe it's just a bunch of stuff that happens." -- Homer Simpson
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 09, 2020, 03:21:50 PM
This thread made it to 1000 pages. The first post asked "is this a good idea?"  Apparently, it was.

I'd been watching that too. It evidently was a good idea  ;D

No one

They were looking for the "gay" gene. Seems like a complete waste of time and resources. Finding, isolating, and destroying the "absolute fucktard" gene seems far more appropriate.

But what do I know?

Randy

Regarding the "gay" gene; I wonder who's looking for it? From what I've read about it (https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2019/08/genetics-may-explain-25-same-sex-behavior-giant-analysis-reveals) there isn't a particular gene.
"Some people focus on the destination. Atheists focus on the journey." -- Barry Goldberg

No one

I get that, my point was why not search for the "asshole" gene, they are much more detrimental to society at large.

Randy

Ah! I see what you mean now. Yes, and find a cure for it while they're at it!

Tank

Quote from: No one on June 09, 2020, 08:35:10 PM
I get that, my point was why not search for the "asshole" gene, they are much more detrimental to society at large.

The arsehole gene operates very early in the embryo. The anus is the first discernable structure to develop in vertebrates.

No one

And I'm some of those, it never stops growing.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Randy on June 09, 2020, 04:00:18 PM
Therapy. It's been on my mind all weekend really. I have an appointment at 1:30pm today and I haven't a clue as to what to talk about. Not much happens in my little world. This may be a short session.  :-\

I tried therapy years ago and gave it up for much the same reason.  Hard to feel I was getting any bang for my buck when the therapist and I just sat there staring at each other for 45 minutes.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Randy

Quote from: Sandra Craft on June 09, 2020, 09:24:05 PM
Quote from: Randy on June 09, 2020, 04:00:18 PM

I tried therapy years ago and gave it up for much the same reason.  Hard to feel I was getting any bang for my buck when the therapist and I just sat there staring at each other for 45 minutes.
It's frustrating because I need it in order to get medication prescribed but, like today, there simply was nothing to talk about. Considering everything I find myself in good spirits. Not much changes in my little corner of the world. I've told nurses and doctors that I am fine. Just please prescribe my medication.

Now maybe later I'll want to talk about depressing stuff and I guess that is expected. But I'm not there yet and would like to stay that way.