News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hermes2015

I am so happy that I never lusted after any co-workers my whole working life. There were a few trainees I would not have kicked out of my bed, though.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Inertialmass

I'm not disputing -- just genuinely confused here.

Teacher and student: No!  Prosecuting District Attorney and Defense Lawyer: No!  Boss and underling: Probably not! 

But if a pair of coworkers are hierarchically equal, what the heck is wrong with a little romance or even a little lust?  Likewise typically the social power balance between consuming customer and retail sales rep is roughly equal -- no? -- so I'm genuinely missing why there'd be any moral culpability in a little hanky-panky here?

I ask 'cause they say my grandparents hooked up and married following clerk-customer relationships.  What's it make me if such pairings are evil???   :)

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

jumbojak

They aren't evil, just a really bad idea. Things go south and you are stuck with that person.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

set the function, not the mechanism.

Buddy

Oh there's no moral dilemma here. I'm one of the few people at my branch who hasn't slept with a customer. The only thing stopping me from asking them out is the fact that I'm a huge chicken. 
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Icarus

The Lisa Page saga is an example of a perfectly good workplace arrangement that went south.   It went south when our glorious leader tried to humiliate that couple at a large gathering of his disciples. .  The Prez was doing the Harry loves Sally routine but not as well as Meg Ryan did.

xSilverPhinx

Random thought of the day. If Caesar's Salads were sentient and capable of grazing, would they taste better? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

That might depend on what they graze on.

xSilverPhinx

jumbojak

I like a Caesar salad. Excellent Mexican cuisine.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: billy rubin on December 24, 2019, 10:06:15 PM
allright

my turn i guess

That's a very strange painting. Whose is it?

billy rubin

xSilverPhinx