Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Buddy on July 25, 2019, 11:26:19 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 25, 2019, 11:06:31 PM
I saw that. If you want me to jump on anybody who doesn't react well just say the word. I've got your back.

Haha thanks. Knowing my family, they won't say anything to me directly but they will gossip like there's no tomorrow. I only see them once a year so I don't care too much.

Thoughts and prayers, thought and prayers. :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Bluenose

Quote from: Buddy on July 25, 2019, 10:34:18 PM
Feeling dangerous and just came out on Facebook. Let's see how this goes.

Good for you, Buddy.  Anyone doesn't like it, too effing bad, it's none of their beeswax.  Send them my way I'll give them a piece of my mind...
+++ Divide by cucumber error: please reinstall universe and reboot.  +++

GNU Terry Pratchett

Bad Penny II

Europe was a tough place, Spain got invaded by Romans but then Rome fell.
The Moors invaded but the Spanish got organised, toughened up and threw them out.
Then they slackened off and got invaded by the French.
That was/is the game, in our present day enlightened state we wring our hands over the sins of our fathers.  That's OK in moderation, doing a bit of positive discrimination for the descendents of the dispossessed is OK too. 
Not all humans are vicious dogs but it's join the pack or be eaten so most join.
But everything's good now, we spread the smallpox then but now we've healed it!
And weaponised it too probably.
During WWII when Japan was doing their expansionist thing their army captured a load of Australian nurses, officers had some fun and then the soldiers, then they herded them towards the sea and had some machine gun practice.
And then we dropped a couple of nukes on some other Japanese.
I think the lesson that can be drawn from all of this is don't lose.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dark Lightning

Good for you! Having to hide something is always annoying to me. I love that Satanic Temple sticker, though I wouldn't put it on my vehicles. But then, I don't put anything on my vehicles that doesn't have to be there.

Buddy

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 26, 2019, 02:42:04 PM

Good for you! Having to hide something is always annoying to me. I love that Satanic Temple sticker, though I wouldn't put it on my vehicles. But then, I don't put anything on my vehicles that doesn't have to be there.

Half the fun of owning a car is putting stickers on! My current car only has 4 at the moment and it looks bare.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Magdalena

Quote from: Buddy on July 25, 2019, 11:26:19 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 25, 2019, 11:06:31 PM
I saw that. If you want me to jump on anybody who doesn't react well just say the word. I've got your back.

Haha thanks. Knowing my family, they won't say anything to me directly but they will gossip like there's no tomorrow. I only see them once a year so I don't care too much.
Has anyone said anything yet?

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

I bought myself a new pair of boots today. Went out to price some for my nephew - his mom bought him boots two sizes too large right before he stopped growing - and decided to try a few on to see how they fit. Ariat makes a nice pair of boots but I had to wait for them to bring the lefts out of the back when I was trying them on.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Had to borrow a go for Jiu-Jitsu tonight and I'll be damned if my training partners didn't bleed all over the damn thing. A little hepatitis never hurt anybody but now I have to wash it.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on August 01, 2019, 02:02:16 AM
Had to borrow a go for Jiu-Jitsu tonight and I'll be damned if my training partners didn't bleed all over the damn thing. A little hepatitis never hurt anybody but now I have to wash it.
Friendly advice: Wash it in cold water.  ;)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

jumbojak

Yes ma'am. I wash everything cold. And line dry too. Should probably fix the dryer one of these days... Any tips for removing blood?

Dark Lightning

The best blood removal chemical is the saliva of the donor...acquisition methods are up to you.  :P

Magdalena

Quote from: jumbojak on August 01, 2019, 02:54:16 AM
Yes ma'am. I wash everything cold. And line dry too. Should probably fix the dryer one of these days... Any tips for removing blood?
That was my advice for removing blood. Wash it with cold water.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dark Lightning on August 01, 2019, 03:19:47 AM
The best blood removal chemical is the saliva of the donor...acquisition methods are up to you.  :P

:lol:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

It's a problem I face every now and then: removing blood stains (not my own) from clothes. I never tried washing blood off in cold water but if it's white fabric, dipping the stain in hydrogen peroxide helps. It should be easy to come by as it's commonly used as an antiseptic and to bleach hair. I haven't tested it in coloured fabric yet and don't know its effects.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

Friend wife insists that blood is the most easily removed with an ice cube.  I concur.  It works most of the time, just not invariably depending on how long the stain has been in the fabric.  Apply the ice cube for a few minutes and then rinse in cold water.

You could try some WD-40.  No joke it does help remove certain stains.    Then there is Oxy Clean which works on many stains. 

JJ the correct spelling is; Gi, as in Judo gi. pronounced ghee.  I have a rather expensive Gi that I am not ever likely to use again.  I would be pleased to give it to you except that you are a big guy and I am only medium sized.  Anyway the offer is there.