Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on July 31, 2018, 12:32:54 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 31, 2018, 09:29:29 AM
They gave me a sling after xrays and a cat scan. I should've just gone home for all the good it did me. Now I'll be off to work another twelve hour shift before I know it. And wearing a sling at that.

So they found nothing and your arm is still not working?

Pretty much. They want me to see an orthopedist but none of the scans showed anything.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

jumbojak

Quote from: Buddy on July 31, 2018, 01:42:20 PM
They gave me a sling after xrays and a cat scan. I should've just gone home for all the good it did me. Now I'll be off to work another twelve hour shift before I know it. And wearing a sling at that.

Wow, that's odd. Some kind of pinched nerve maybe?

Nerve damage is what the doctor thought. I hope not.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on July 31, 2018, 07:06:05 AM
Sitting in the ER wondering if they forgot I'm here. Lost the use of my left arm at work tonight and it looks like I'm going to be making a house payment to this hospital for twenty years to have them tell me there's nothing they can do.

:o That's odd. Your arm became like that out of the blue?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on July 31, 2018, 01:53:09 PM

Pretty much. They want me to see an orthopedist but none of the scans showed anything.

When will you see him/her?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Icarus

Let's hope that you are OK soon JJ. 

Sometime time ago  I developed an excruciating pain in my right arm.  Sufficiently painful to go to the ER where they gave me a shot of morphine after doing a bunch of X ray pix.  Nothing wrong with the arm.  Later the orthopedist told me that the arm is not the problem, it is the neck.  No shit Batman?  My arm hurts not my neck.  I used a simple traction rig for the neck as prescribed by the doc.  Problem went away in a few days.  Neck? Yep!   It seems that the human body has a lot of dependent connections as described in the lyrics in the song that has: "the knee bone connected to the thigh bone, now hear the word of the Lord". 

Good luck with that malady JJ. We all wish you well, like quickly.

jumbojak

Quote from: Tank on July 31, 2018, 06:03:51 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on July 31, 2018, 01:53:09 PM

When will you see him/her?

I'm not sure if I can. I'm going to have enough trouble paying for the ER visit.

jumbojak

A possibility has been raised though; since it happened at work I can probably cover the costs through workers compensation. I hate to even think about doing that but I might just have to.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on August 01, 2018, 01:29:57 AM
A possibility has been raised though; since it happened at work I can probably cover the costs through workers compensation. I hate to even think about doing that but I might just have to.

Do what you gotta do. :shrug:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on August 01, 2018, 02:13:57 AM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 01, 2018, 01:29:57 AM

Do what you gotta do. :shrug:

Yes, JJ, if it is avsilable go for it - one way or another you will have paid for it.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

jumbojak

Well, my arm has a bit more mobility now. The downside is that in addition to the numbness that hasn't gone away completely I now have pain in my shoulder, neck and back. I got lucky and have an appointment with the orthopedist tomorrow morning. It was either tomorrow or next month!

Tank

Quote from: jumbojak on August 01, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
Well, my arm has a bit more mobility now. The downside is that in addition to the numbness that hasn't gone away completely I now have pain in my shoulder, neck and back. I got lucky and have an appointment with the orthopedist tomorrow morning. It was either tomorrow or next month!
Progress!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dave

Quote from: Tank on August 01, 2018, 08:27:58 PM
Quote from: jumbojak on August 01, 2018, 07:53:12 PM
Progress!

Yup!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Essie Mae

Sitting in the ER wondering if they forgot I'm here. Lost the use of my left arm at work tonight and it looks like I'm going to be making a house payment to this hospital for twenty years to have them tell me there's nothing they can do.
How scary. Hope it turns out to be a temporary condition Jumbojack
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Tank

Quote from: Essie Mae on August 02, 2018, 04:53:17 AM
How scary. Hope it turns out to be a temporary condition Jumbojack

I see your you're back home now after racking up yet more air miles you globe trotter you!

jumbojak

Well, I'm off to the orthopedist. I really hate doctors so wish me luck.