News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Harmonie on April 03, 2018, 07:09:28 PM
The fact that I was in the bathroom and there was a SPIDER on the toilet paper roll! Once you know that can actually happen, it never leaves your mind.  :chairhide:

It doesn't help that if I hadn't been paying attention and hadn't caught that it was there, I might not be here anymore. But that might have been for the best, to save me from the Hell that is the end of a Spring semester.

:o How big was it? And did you flamethrower the bog roll with a spray can and a lighter to eradicate it? Immediately?! Yes?!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Harmonie

Quote from: Asmodean on April 03, 2018, 07:28:10 PM
Quote from: Harmonie on April 03, 2018, 07:09:28 PM
The fact that I was in the bathroom and there was a SPIDER on the toilet paper roll! Once you know that can actually happen, it never leaves your mind.  :chairhide:

It doesn't help that if I hadn't been paying attention and hadn't caught that it was there, I might not be here anymore. But that might have been for the best, to save me from the Hell that is the end of a Spring semester.

:o How big was it? And did you flamethrower the bog roll with a spray can and a lighter to eradicate it? Immediately?! Yes?!

It was actually really small, but it was brown. I know not to mess with brown spiders! So it and the piece of toilet paper it was on got flushed down the toilet in no time. No need to burn anything down. lol

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Icarus

Harmonie that spider is more afraid of you than you are of it.  Just brush it off  of your essential convenience item and don't give it another thought.  They are rarely other than harmless little critters who are only trying to make a living.

Consider that many of the arachnid types are good little fellows.. They do away with bugs like flies and some of them destroy roaches and other undesirables.  Don't smash 'em, just shoo them away. 

P.S. This advice does not apply to some of those wicked Australian spiders.  But you don't live in Australia..........do you? 

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Harmonie

Quote from: Icarus on April 04, 2018, 12:37:04 AM
Harmonie that spider is more afraid of you than you are of it.  Just brush it off  of your essential convenience item and don't give it another thought.  They are rarely other than harmless little critters who are only trying to make a living.

Consider that many of the arachnid types are good little fellows.. They do away with bugs like flies and some of them destroy roaches and other undesirables.  Don't smash 'em, just shoo them away. 

P.S. This advice does not apply to some of those wicked Australian spiders.  But you don't live in Australia..........do you?

To be honest, I was fairly certain the spider was already dead.

I don't mess with spiders. Especially not brown ones. I know that brown recluses can appear where I live.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Icarus

A brown recluse is a recluse. He does not display himself in public if it can be avoided.

Now if you want to be a little bit paranoid, think of a nice dark place where one of those little dudes might hide.  Those shoes that you haven't worm for ages, have been in the dark closet. That could a luxurious place for a timid little brown recluse.  Now you decide to wear those shoes and you put your foot into the chamber that the spider has long believed that it was his castle.. He is pissed. You are gonna die.  :hug: We will miss you.

OK that was bullshit. Just funnin' you. Consider that the spider has to make a living which means that he has to get nourishment.  He ain't gonna find much nourishment in that shoe. He will hide himself when at rest but not when he is searching for food which is a full time job for spiders and other creepy crawlies. A brown recluse is not a deadly spider.  He does have the ability to inject some nasty chemical into your skin if forced to do so.  He has to knaw on the attack site at some length to get a troublesome deposit of the toxin deposited on your toe...or wherever.  He does not have saber like teeth like some of the other breeds of arachnids. .....So don't sweat the danger of being caused harm by one of those little brown spiders. You are more likely to be struck by lightning or spirited away by aliens, than to have a dangerous encounter with a little spider. 

xSilverPhinx

I'm really nervous these days. Jumpy. The wind rustled some leaves outside and it startled me. ::) That just isn't something that happens to me.

I don't know what's going on but I don't like it.

jumbojak

You need a vacation. Maybe one outside Brazil.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2018, 01:40:29 AM
You need a vacation. Maybe one outside Brazil.

I think you're spot on!  :thumbsup: I'm planning on taking a vacation probably around September next year. Hopefully.

jumbojak

Where are you headed? I need a vacation too. Going on two years for me. I think I'd like to go to Utah and maybe stay for a while.

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2018, 02:13:02 AM
Where are you headed? I need a vacation too. Going on two years for me. I think I'd like to go to Utah and maybe stay for a while.

What's in Utah? Family? Peace and quiet? :grin:

I would very much like to visit Portugal, where most of my family comes from. I have never been there, and people who have have liked it very much. It takes a little financial planning though, which is why I won't be able to go before next year. :(

jumbojak

Utah is far away and that's where I want to be. Far away. It could be Brazil or South Africa as far as I'm concerned.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: jumbojak on April 07, 2018, 02:24:24 AM
Utah is far away and that's where I want to be. Far away. It could be Brazil or South Africa as far as I'm concerned.

I know the feeling of wanting to be far away.  :pensive:

:notsure: Between Brazil and the Antarctic...I would choose the Antarctic. :grin: 

Buddy

I'm bored. Hoping that work picks up soon.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.